SOLD Payson, Az project 1987 FJ73 & 1987 BJ73 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 70 Series
Mileage
Color
White
Sold

I have two roller projects for sale. Both are 12volt Left Hand Drive mid-wheel base land cruisers.

First Cruiser
1987 FJ73LV-MN FJ730003970 South America import, originally from Colombia.
Clean Az Title
12volt, Left hand drive
No Engine or transfer case
H55 transmission, shifted alright but it is ready to be rebuilt, all oem parts included to rebuild.
Factory fiberglass hardtop cruiser that was converted to factory soft top in South America. Hardtop swapped back on. Truck has full doors.
Factory AC, no heat truck. AC worked awesome when I bought it.
New OEM heater box installed. Ducts cleaned and foam replaced on ducts, needs reassembled.
Cruiser presents well, paint looks nice, but is a repaint from S. America. Rust on the windshield frame and Some minor rust in the bottom inside corners of the doors and the lower inside rear quarters.
Wiring is in okay shape but does have a few repairs, the previous owner Matt had a few gremlins, typical S. America truck.
Toyota oem H4 headlights w/new headlight buckets and all hardware, H4 upgrade harness included.
Does include axles, drove well when I bought the cruiser. I would plan to fully rebuild the diffs, knuckles, and birfs though. The brakes are in good condition, disc up front and the rear drums were rebuilt by the previous owner. Parking brake works great.
Interior is in good shape, gray suspension seats covered in tan canvas seat covers. Rear bench matches the front seats.
New take off door panels, new weatherstrip, new window regulators, etc on front doors. Rear side panels are rough. Rear door panels are okay.
Gray vinyl flooring in great shape, comes with a new aftermarket vinyl kit also.
Dash pad and cluster surround plastics replaced by previous owner.
New oem washer fluid tank
New oem coolant reservoir
New aftermarket high pressure power steering hose
New reproduction Toyota Tool bag with new oem tools
Full Tough Dog 3 inch lift kit, springs, shocks, shackles, bushings, steering stabilizer.
Custom rear bumper w/tire carrier
Interior is complete, just disassembled from hardtop swap and AC removal.

Second Cruiser
1987 BJ73LV-MPW TW0V0BJ7309501129 Europe Import w/VM Diesel
Clean Montana Title
12volt, left hand drive
No transmission, transfer case, or axles, VM Diesel engine is still installed but it has a blown head gasket. Currently on drum 40 axles to roll.
Factory Half Door, folding windshield truck. Has windshield wiper kill, folding wiper arms, factory hole plugs for half doors, etc. Originally had a hardtop, started to swap to soft top.
This truck would make a perfect factory softtop style mid wheel base 73.
Factory heat, no AC, heater workers good.
The front clip is rough on this cruiser, I purchased all new OEM front inner, outer, and upper fenders, new OEM radiator core support, valance, and cowl. The hood is in good shape with factory installed rubber windshield rests. Besides the windshield frame, minimal rust, a very tiny spot on rear rocker. Some repaint but a lot of original paint, no rust on the doors/floor boards. Worst damage is a repair on passenger rear quarter, quick bondo patch from the previous owner. I planned to get rid of the bondo and work the panel back. Also the driver door has a wrinkle from hitting the fender, structurally okay but will need to be worked, also have new door hinges for that door.
Interior is in good original condition, very complete and not destroyed.
Wiring is in great shape on this rig, everything worked, 12 volt.
Windows roll up and down nicely. Front and rear upper window frames remove nicely and the original plugs insert in the doors correctly.
Interior is complete just currently taken apart for soft top swap and AC swap.

I originally planned to build the FJ73 until I got the BJ73, plans moved more into a full custom build instead. I planned to take the soft top and AC from the FJ73 and sell the FJ73 as a roller, then I would build the BJ73 with soft top, AC, and most likely put it on a shortened 80 series chassis w/ a modern v8 or Toyota diesel. I collected a lot of parts but never got to it, although an awesome project, it does not interest me anymore.

Attached is sheet of new parts, mostly oem, that are included, 15k worth, all new weatherstripping for both full and half doors, all new weathstrip for the soft top rig, 2 new oem mid wheel base soft tops, OME lift Springs, heavy duty radiator out of Australia, all new wiper arms and linkage, new steering wheel, hood hinges, body panels, etc, please see list.

Lots of new and used parts I’m forgetting.

I’m asking 18k for everything, will need to be trailered, neither run and the bj73 has no brakes.
If it doesn’t sell as a package I will part out and sell everything separately.

More pic’s available

Thanks
Kyle

Sold

IMG_5173.jpeg

IMG_5168.jpeg

Last edited:
Price change, 18k for everything. These are two good left hand drive and 12 volt cruisers ready for modern drivetrains.

Cool truck, SA Imports certainly have a mixed bag of stuff compared to the JDM Stuff, never seen A/C without Heat guess it would make the A/C work better

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom