For Sale 1987 FJ60 - Putting Feelers Out (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I am looking to possibly sell my FJ60. I bought this rig from the original owner about one year ago. This is an original California rig and has only spent this winter in Indiana.

The Good -
I have used this as my D/D for the past year. It runs just fine.
Just put new radiator hoses and a heater core in.
Just put a new battery and terminals in.
Just had the coolant system flushed.
Putting in new plugs, wires, cap and rotor and fuel filter this weekend.
No rust - with the exception of some surface rust starting to develop on the wheels.
Tires have plenty of tread left.
Everything is original except for radio and other maintenance items.
Interior is in good shape, headliner has no rips or tears.

The bad -
Drivers seat is torn in the normal place and may need to be replaced as it has a slight lean (I have not bothered to fix as it does not bother me and might be able to be fixed).
Paint is faded in certain areas. It does not look terrible but it is somewhat noticeable.
There is a very minor oil leak. It does not even require me to add oil between changes, but again, you will notice that she is marking her spot.
Exhaust sounds as though there is an issue. I am going to have it looked at.
One of the rear lap belts has issues and only works properly sometimes, other times it will not extend.
There is one minor crack on the dash by the speaker hole.

I think this is pretty much it. I was just under the Cruiser and it looks good (other than oil build up from the leak). It has 189k miles and is located in Indianapolis.

I do not need to sell the vehicle, so I am not in a rush. I am just looking to gauge interest and see if anyone would be interested and what kind of money we would be talking about.

I would also be interested in trading for a Subaru Outback, Forester or Legacy or Audi Allroad ( I need some better gas mileage).
IMAG0273.jpg
IMAG0274.jpg
IMAG0276.jpg

price???

I am kind of unsure. I would like to get in the 4000 range, but I dont know if that seems realistic.

You seem to be wondering what people think of your price. Thats a slightly high IMO. Ask for that on C-list and you might get it. Likely not on mud though. I paid less than that for mine and its is basically rust free (CA car), had a 350 TBI, ARB bullbar and came with a complete parts truck (of the same color even). Just telling ya. Maybe post more photos of underbody, engine bay, interior, and trouble spots on the body. That will help when people are deciding. Good luck with the sale though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom