SOLD 1985 FJ60 94,800 miles built (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I regrettably have decided to sell my meat wagon. This 60 has been my daily driver to work (round trip of about 10 miles) for the last 4 years 3-4 days a week and my hunting vehicle. I have come to the realization that I need a truck for how I use the vehicle and have found and bought a nice '03 Tacoma. I am getting ready to build the Tacoma so this is up for sale. I bought the truck from Montana 5 years ago. It has been a very reliable solid vehicle for me. Specifics on the FJ60:

Mechanical:
-Original 2F with 94,800 miles....yes original miles
-H55 5 speed transmission
-4.11 gearing with 33" ST Maxx, 16" Mickey Thompson alloy wheels
-OME 2.5-3" medium lift
-U bolt flip kit
-ARB locking rear with ARB CM12 dual air compressor, air fitting on front bumper for air hose or air tools
-FJ40Jim tuned carb
-Fully desmogged with timing at 10*
-Galley plug removed, block threaded and threaded plug placed

Exterior:
-ARB front bumper with fog lights and light bar
-4x4 labs rear bumper with lower quarter wrap around, cooler rack and tire swing (HI-Lift not included)
-Diamond Rax roof rack
-Warn 8274 rebuilt and powder coated in 2014, corded remote and cab controls beside steering wheel
-White Knuckle sliders
-lower valence/rockers with bedliner
-FJ62 side mirrors, painted black
-Wagon gear replacement window trim....to remove the crappy chrome stuff
-Wagon gear replacement hatch and tailgate seals
-Rear crap C channel reinforcements removed and replaced with steel C channel, rust preventer and undercoated

Other extras:
-stainless battery tray
-Cibie headlights and brightbox...much much better than the stock headlights
-All LED bulbs from cab to signal lights
-Aussie rubber floor......nice, NO carpet
-foam replaced in drivers seat 2016, seats look good without tears and I have run seat covers since I have owned it
-spare OEM Aisin carb
-pads and shoes for the front and rear brakes
-spring rebuild kit for rear drums

Recent maintenance:
-new Toyota PS pump 2017
-new master cylinder 2016
-new Toyota windshield wiper linkages 2017
-Fresh diff/tranny and transfer case service. Redline MT-90 in transfer and tranny, Synpower 75W-90 in diffs
-Steering box rebuilt 2016

The bad:
-There is the typical surface rust here and there you would expect on a 33 yr old truck. The only area that needs work is nickel sized hole on the passenger rock rail. The original owner replaced the passenger rear wheel well and there was a rusted hole through the interior. This was cleaned an primed when I got it and is unchanged since then. Purely cosmetic and only seen if the rear seat is in the forward position. Overall it is good in terms of rust.
-A/C works but has a slow leak and I have to recharge it every year, It has been converted to the more modern 134 coolant. This system will need attention when the leak increases
-Paint resprayed sometime in it's life but it is in good shape.
-In current need of a front end alignment
-Muffler, exhaust will need redo in the next couple years
-I painted the grill, door handles and key locks....it is now slowly chipping away
-key only unlocks the driver door....of course one could get a new full set lock barrels but for me it was never important or an issue
-FJ40Jim tells me the carb tune should last about 4 years with ethanol fuel. It will be at 4 years next year so a fresh carb tune/rebuild will likely be needed before long. This costs about $300 if I remember correctly. I do have a exact matching spare carb so you can send in the spare to be done whenever and have it to replace the existing without down time.

I labored some on price because I see too many of these listed for stupid money. I mean really....unless fully frame off restored they are all going to have issues to address because they are 30+ years old. I prefer my LC go to somebody that will use it and has the fever like the rest of us. That said this one has very low miles and lots of goodies. The bumpers, rack, H55, winch and lift are worth more than 1/2 of my asking price...and it has very low miles. It is definitely not perfect but I trust it to start and go every day. So, I feel like it is priced reasonable and to sell.
$9500

It is crappy here today. I will include better detailed pictures of inside out and the rust spot by the weekend. Here is the rig when I finished adding stuff in 2015 to get things started:

LC2.jpg

LC1.jpg

Congrats on the appropriately priced 60!! This will actually sell!!

All the other guys with 15k, 20k FJ60/62s with more miles and less mods take note..

Congrats on the appropriately priced 60!! This will actually sell!!

All the other guys with 15k, 20k FJ60/62s with more miles and less mods take note..
Exactly. This is exactly what I've been thinking and wanting to state, but you did, and a lot more politely than I would have. Thank you.
That being said, what a great truck and very informative ad!

Last edited:
Here are pics today. Excuse the dirt....it's duck season. This shows the stuff people will be interested in seeing.
-Engine bay
-2 rust spots I noted, the one beside the seat is only visible with the rear seat forward
-undercarriage...again its dirty but you can clearly see the frame is not rotted
-rear channel reinforcements replace and rear cross member tube

lc3.jpg

lc4.jpg

lc5.jpg

lc6.jpg

lc7.jpg

It needs a good wash but those should show the main places everybody like to see and where these LC's rot first.

Located in Broadway, NC

It does have the typical rear main seal or oil pan gasket 2F leak at the oil pan/engine rear and does mark it's territory with a drop on the drive every few days. Never a need to add any oil between changes but important to note because at some point it will need to be repaired.

lc14.jpg

Last edited:
pm sent

Screamin’ deal. Congrats.

E93FE1E3-A760-4331-A1E8-8A88C576ADF2.jpeg
After a very long search and a few really close missed opportunities; I finally found the 60 for me. I couldn’t have asked for a better seller either. Greg was responsive and helpful and must be a real gentleman in life. He did go above and beyond and was a pleasure to deal with. One thing I’ve learned about the very few vehicles I’ve owned-that I have just now realized -is how the tone of the buying or selling transaction really stays with you. Saint or shi*heel , you are going to remember that person. Let me end here that Greg is a saint , and here is a pic of the 60 today. Greetings from Kansas City.

Jason thanks for the kind works. The new corner lamps in the bumper look good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom