1985 4runner radiator replacement options? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all. I remember being on a radiator thread in the pass but can’t seem to find it anymore.
Even said something like, “Just have it rebuilt by the radiator shop”

Said Oem rebuilt radiator is leaking two years later so now I Gota find a replacement.
Csf 2306 seems to be the 3row alternative.
Curious if anyone has found anything recently that they’d want to suggest?

Yes to CSF 2306. Personally, I think it's a great radiator.

As far as rebuilding/fixing radiators ... it has gotten to the point where it's cheaper to replace than repair. This is especially true if the radiator is replaced with a plastic/aluminum radiator. I've talked with several shops and they all tell me that. Some don't want to fix radiators anymore. Some can't find the people with the experience. I suspect the transition to plastic/aluminum, which can't be repaired, has caused a dearth in the need to have experienced staff.

That said, the top tank on my brass FJ40 radiator was leaking, and the shop did fix it. There are some out there that can/will fix a radiator. But, when it comes to rodding out the core, or replacing the core, they don't want to. Easier to replace.

@pappy i ended up going with the csf 2314. Couldn’t find the 2306 that was actually in stalk and not overpriced. Had a discount with summit and their shipping/return policy is great. I’ll see how she fits this week but from what I read it should be fine.

When I replaced the radiator on my 06 v8 4runner, what was in the box was a plastic/aluminum radiator. I can’t say I have any issue with it all but time will tell I guess.

@pappy i ended up going with the csf 2314. Couldn’t find the 2306 that was actually in stalk and not overpriced. Had a discount with summit and their shipping/return policy is great. I’ll see how she fits this week but from what I read it should be fine.
FYI. As I recall this radiator is shorter by an inch. It will bolt up. But your fan shroud won't.

FYI. As I recall this radiator is shorter by an inch. It will bolt up. But your fan shroud won't.
I had to trim the fan shroud were the lower outlet house and the drain plug is. Took my time and trimmed it with a stemmed using the cutting disk and the cylindrical sanding bit. Looked fine and everything bolted nicely together. I’ll try to grab some pictures tomorrow if I remember.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom