1985 4runner gas tank modification (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am a newbie here and could use some help.
I just picked up 85 runner and I am learning the ropes. My question is, the existing 14.8 gallon fuel pump basket I have is need of replacement. I haven't been able to find one, though I did pick a brand new one for a 17 gallon tank. The tank I have now is in need of replacement as well. So I figured I would just redo everything since the gas was old and had been sitting for a long time. The dimensions are the same except the depth. its about an inch and half deeper for the 17 gallon tank. The skid pan is another question, do I need the exact 17 gallon pan or can I use the existing one with a bracket of some sort to make up for the larger depth? I was opting for a plastic tank if I can find one, any help would be appreciated!

Yes, you will need the gas tank, the matching skid, and I seem to recall there might have been a longer bracket/mount off the 17 gallon I needed too. Also, fuel sender is different, but the 14 gallon works.

Welcome to MUD. :flipoff2: <- official MUD salute.

Yes, you will need the gas tank, the matching skid, and I seem to recall there might have been a longer bracket/mount off the 17 gallon I needed too. Also, fuel sender is different, but the 14 gallon works.

Welcome to MUD. :flipoff2: <- official MUD salute.
Thanks! I appreciate it, back at ya!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom