Builds 1978 BJ40 buildup broadcast... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

More please.......:)

Matt...you might have to give him a call of motivation...or we could wait another.....9 months :rolleyes:

Matt...you might have to give him a call of motivation...or we could wait another.....9 months :rolleyes:

He was home for x-mas, he was over at my place last week checking out the 45 so we got to talk for quite a while.

I didn't give him an ass chewing or anything, but I think he could sense the disapointment in my voice....:flipoff2:

I hung my head the whole time....you all know the feeling...'dad didnt yell he just told you he was disappointed in you?' hahaha

seats

Today most of the cruiser time was spent on seats. After reworking some of the gas tank and shroud work that I had previously done and getting some measurements from matt I was able drill and tap the aft seat mounts through the tub and into the metal square tubing. I will be putting in a tuffy center console.

I didnt bolt the front inboard mount to the tub yet. I will need to do some modifying to this mount as the tranny cover sits about a half inch lower than the mount on the passanger side creating a small gap. I will either have to create a spacer that will be welded onto the mount or just cut and reweld the mount. I will try and get a better picture of what I am talking about.

Once the seats (minus the front center mount) were bolted I spent a little time attaching the dash pad clip. I had two of these. I grabbed the better looking one and attached it thinking that was way too easy. After placing the pad into place I noticed the angle was not correct and had to take it off. It was going to be easier to pound the other clip than fix the 'nicer one.' But its done and attached minus the winshield mounts. I will wait to attach them until i have the windshield in place. :)
Pictures 073.jpg
Pictures 074.jpg
Picture 003.jpg

few updates...

Only a couple hours the last two days...spent a big chunk of my free time replacing a fuel pump on my gf Chevy Corsica...what a pain!!! Haha

The previous owner had drilled holes for the hood hinges but they werent located where i had needed them. I filled the holes in with PC-7 epoxy, let them dry and sanded them down filling them in nicely.

I also sized up the windshield to see how that was going to fit on the tub. There is a slight dip on the front lip so I started sanding down the lip to straighten the curve.

The last picture is of the bracket I had previously talked about. I need to get a welder!

Not a lot of progress but still stepping forward, right Matt? haha

Travis
Pictures 089.jpg
Pictures 091.jpg
Pictures 094.jpg

got that welder...

Broke down and found a decent deal on a welder and tank. Bought the new Miller 140. Stopped at Harbor Freight for the cart. It will be nice having a welder near by...now to put it to use... :)
Pictures 098.jpg

Take it off...

Today I got did some driving around. I went to a local scrap yard and picked up some scrap metal for the seats bracket. I also made it to a local auto paint supplier who had a long sanding block and 40grit adhesive paper. I used this to wear off the uneven portions of the windshield. Looks pretty straight and would have attempted attaching the window brackets but only could find one? haha
I have two more on an old fire wall and will try to get them off tomorrow. Rusted tight right now.

I then took a little time to work on my windshield wiper setup along with the defrost vents. I still need to get a 24volt windshield wiper motor and rear heater motor.
Pictures 100.jpg
Pictures 101.jpg

Need a measurement from anyone...

I got the brackets off the old firewall this morning and working on the windshield right now. What I am looking for is the spacing between the front edge of the tub (or the first lip) and the bottom of the windshield?

I attached a photo to maybe help illustrate.
Pictures 103.jpg

bracket

Never got a measurement on the spacing for the windshield but but went with what I thought was going to work. Made the aluminum back plate that goes inside the tub to help brace the windshield bracket. Went ahead and attached the bracket so....windshield is now attached aside from the side bolts.

Also cut the tab off the passanger seat bracket and welded it ninety degrees to the way it was....pictures should show what I did. Nice to put that welder to use :)
Pictures 107.jpg
Pictures 094.jpg
Pictures 109.jpg

Going to be gone for a month....might post a pic or two tonight but will get back on it when I get back in Feb.

half ambulance doors

Got back from flying from Georgia to Arizona....now its back to working on the LC.
Today I put the half ambulance doors on. Only have one pic to show. Tomorrow I will try and take a pic of the lock pin on the inside of the door. I had to cut it off and will be repositioning it. I also need to install a strike plate but that might be waiting.....more to come.

travis
IMG_1719.JPG

looks like you are getting closer on this bad boy

looking good

that rig is looking awesome! great work! keep at it

anyone?

does anyone have a picture of the strikeplate that goes on the tub for these half ambulance doors?

travis

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom