For Sale 1977 FJ40 San Diego (Encinitas) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

We have owned our FJ40 for 21 years and are the second owners.

We bought her while we were living on Kauai in 1993 with 23,000 original miles. First owner Calvin Tokita used her to hunt pigs on the west side of the island. (Probably explains why I found matted fur under the seats for years)
We shipped the 40 back to San Diego in 1993 and she has resided their ever since.

About Our FJ40
  • 95K miles on original 2F motor.
  • Very stock except for 31" BFGs and the brush guard. (I have original bumper)
  • Have hard top pieces including ambulance doors which are in decent shape.
    • Fiberglass top itself would need to be replaced or fixed but you are welcome to it
    • Don't have all hardware bolts but you are welcome to all I have
  • Needs new weather stripping on doors
  • Doors have rattle so new bushings would help
  • Starts right up and runs strong on original 2F motor and 4 speed transmission
  • Needs new rear shocks
    • Believe it or not I still have originals installed
  • Body is solid and frame is excellent.
  • Manual steering.
  • Great candidate for full restore if that is what you are looking for or drive as is.
Why am I selling?
We have not been driving our 40 and she has been sitting in my garage for the last few years with occasional trips to the store. Really hoping she goes to a good home and to someone who will get some use out of her .

Asking $8000 or best offer.

Thanks,
Bob

20140625_113634_resized.jpg

20140625_113729_resized.jpg

20140625_113741_resized.jpg

20140625_113804_resized.jpg
20140625_113815_resized.jpg

20140625_113827_resized.jpg

20140625_114209_resized.jpg

20140625_113841_resized.jpg

Last edited:
20140625_113634_resized.jpg

20140625_113729_resized.jpg

20140625_113741_resized.jpg

20140625_113804_resized.jpg
20140625_113815_resized.jpg

20140625_113827_resized.jpg

20140625_114209_resized.jpg

20140625_113841_resized.jpg
[/QUOTE]
How about some pix of engine compartment, rear sill, ambulance doors and roof cap?

S
How about some pix of engine compartment, rear sill, ambulance doors and roof cap?[/QUOTE]

Sure will add more pictures tomorrow or Friday
Rear ambulance doors are up in garage rafters so it will take a bit of maneuvering to get them down.

That is a great looking truck and awesome price. Wish I could swing it right now. GLWS.

Really a great looking rig... Like to see the additional pictures also

Can I see some pics of the floor boards? Nice rig, I'm definitely thinking hard about it. Where would you say the worst rust is at? Please send the additional pics to jonthamilton@hotmail.com. Pics of the rear bed would be good.

Really a great looking rig... Like to see the additional pictures also
Huck - looks like a solid truck for a helluva price that you've been looking for. I'd be jumping on it if I were you (i.e. putting a deposit down now and jumping on a plane ASAP).

great deal for anyone looking for a FJ!

Pretty nice original truck. I'd be very interested if I wasn't between jobs right now. It kind of sucks actually... Looks like a fair deal

Yep Huck. Like yellow jacket said, if you want a good original 40 them this is it. If I were looking I'd jump on this one. You snooze you lose.

Yep Huck. Like yellow jacket said, if you want a good original 40 them this is it. If I were looking I'd jump on this one. You snooze you lose.
Lot of interest. Thanks everyone. Still for sale
great deal for anyone looking for a FJ!

Thanks . Just want it to go to a good home

Pretty nice original truck. I'd be very interested if I wasn't between jobs right now. It kind of sucks actually... Looks like a fair deal

Thanks.
Sorry about the job situation.
Tried to keep the price reasonable.

Can I see some pics of the floor boards? Nice rig, I'm definitely thinking hard about it. Where would you say the worst rust is at? Please send the additional pics to jonthamilton@hotmail.com. Pics of the rear bed would be good.

Thanks Jon,
Should be able to get these posted by tomorrow AM

Huck - looks like a solid truck for a helluva price that you've been looking for. I'd be jumping on it if I were you (i.e. putting a deposit down now and jumping on a plane ASAP).

x2 Bring that 40 to GA sir!

Thanks Bob, Not that big of deal for me now as Noah apparently take several when he inspects a cruiser. However if ya got em, share em!

Looks like sale is pending...and payment on the way

Sorry had to give priority to first person who contacted me.
If something doesn't work out in next day or so I will post a reply.

Thanks everyone for the interest. Our FJ40 is sold.
Was a hard decision to sell her, but she will be going to a good home.
Will definitely miss it but now I can focus more on our diesel 80 series ;)
Bob

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom