SOLD 1977 fj40 ranch truck (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
Link to video.
Was going to use the axles and drivetrain for my LV but got the F motor running well on my LV and am keeping it stock. So selling this Ranch Truck FJ40 that I got as a donor. It’s a 1977 So. Cal vehicle its whole life. Solid tub (rear sill shot) but floors are rust free minus pass wheel well where there are a couple spots in the pinch weld showing. The outside was painted with a paint brush and I would bet the original patina paint is under it. Body Parts needing replacement are front fenders, bib has rust on lower section and rear sill. It needs a carb rebuild and I have the kit(not the time lately to rebuild it)It starts and runs with choke pulled( might be idle selenoid problem). All smog looks to be there and just needs a good pressure washer treatment to remove the ranch dirt. No top or doors. I can get more pics or FaceTime a walk around for serious buyers. Clean non op title in California
$5500 OBO

IMG_5703.jpeg

IMG_0190.jpeg

IMG_0195.jpeg

IMG_0198.jpeg

IMG_0193.jpeg

Last edited:
More pics. The floors have dirt on them and the factory tar I started to remove. It’s not rust.

IMG_5710.jpeg

IMG_5709.jpeg

IMG_5708.jpeg

IMG_5706.jpeg

IMG_5704.jpeg

Pismo Beach. But vehicle is at my storage lot in San Luis Obispo

Went to storage and cleaned up the floor for pics

IMG_0190.jpeg

IMG_0191.jpeg

IMG_0192.jpeg

IMG_0193.jpeg

IMG_0194.jpeg

More

IMG_0195.jpeg

IMG_0196.jpeg

IMG_0197.jpeg

IMG_0198.jpeg

IMG_0199.jpeg

Some more.

IMG_0205.jpeg

IMG_0206.jpeg

IMG_0207.jpeg

IMG_0208.jpeg

IMG_0204.jpeg

Rear spring perches have some ranch welding done but no rust on frame and it’s solid.. radiator is nice and coolant is clean.

IMG_0206.jpeg

IMG_0202.jpeg

IMG_0210.jpeg

IMG_0209.jpeg

IMG_0212.jpeg

Last edited:
cool, an original carb fan.

GLWTS

Doors / roof / sides? Assuming no but asking for completeness...

EDIT - stand corrected, did not scroll up, got distracted by the prospect of patina and paint removal, all of the things. 👍

Last edited:
Let’s move this cruiser along! $5500 since it’s the holiday. Went over to storage.. idles like a top with choke on.. probably idle solenoid. Took a video I can send of it running.https://youtu.be/42RVWpSVGm8?feature=shared

Last edited:
Let’s move this cruiser along! $5500 since it’s the holiday. Went over to storage.. idles like a top with choke on.. probably idle solenoid. Took a video I can send of it running.https://youtu.be/42RVWpSVGm8?feature=shared
Wish this was on the east coast! Exactly the kind of project truck I'm looking for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom