For Sale 1976 FJ40 - 2UZ - 5 Spd Auto - ARB Locked (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

SOLD

DSC02860.jpg

I have put a lot of thought into this, and now it's time. My UZJ40 is up for sale. It's time to do another project, and I don't have the space to keep this one. I don't have to sell it, and I will only consider selling to someone that will care for it and use it as much as I have. I am only posting one picture here, but there are hundreds in my build threads linked below. The condition of the vehicle and everything in it is still as new. It has been garaged all but about 20 days since it was rebuilt. It has been driven in the rain less than 5 times, and in the snow once.

Build Thread-

My UZJ40 Build - 2UZ iForce V8 and a750f 5spd auto

This is the only known 2UZ swapped FJ40 with the a750 5 speed automatic transmission. Every detail of this 5 year build was completely thought out and planned out, all the way down to wire colors for various components, and different fastener heads. This FJ40 has parts from different years of FJ40’s, as well as newer Toyota vehicles. It was built to look vintage, but with some modern touches. It has been on two Toyota magazine covers in the past two years. It is one of a kind and it gets attention and comments at every stop it makes. I have a clean title for it in my name.

The engine pulls smooth up to redline and the transmission shifts like it’s brand new. No stutter or hiccups in the drivetrain at all. The front and rear ARB lockers work perfect. There is always smooth stopping with the 4 wheel disc brakes and BTB booster/master with built in proportioning valve. The axles and knuckles were completely gone through with new Koyo bearings and seals.

The FJ40 sits on SCS wheels with BFG KO2 tires. The suspension consists of OME springs, MAF shackles, Bilstein shocks, new poly bushings, and greasable pins.

Every panel of the FJ40 was sand blasted in prep for paint. An epoxy primer was put on next, followed by PPG paint and an Emron aircraft grade clear coat. After paint, the inside and underside of the tub received 3 coats each of Lizard Skin sound deadening, ceramic heat insulation, and lastly, Raptorliner. Even the frame was blasted before being coated in POR15. Every piece of OEM weather stripping was put on, as well as a new windshield. The wipers were converted to a 3 wiper system, similar to the LX FJ40s offered over seas.

There is a 4+ rear swingout with tire carrier and jerry can carrier, as well as 4+ side steps. Out front, there is an ARB bumper loaded with a rebuilt Warn 8274 with synthetic line.

Every light on the FJ40 is LED. The headlights are JW Speaker 8700 Evolution 2’s. They are complimented with Rigid Dually D2’s that turn on with the high beams. The tail lights are Narva LED units sourced from Australia. They have the same light pattern as OEM. New OEM front turn signals were installed as well. There are 2 Rigid Dually diffused cover lights on the rear bumper with a switch inside on the ambulance door to turn them on. They also come on when shifted into reverse.

Drivetrain

iForce 4.7 V8 - 2UZ

a750f 100 Series 5 Speed Auto Transmission

Front and Rear ARB Locking Differentials

4 Wheel Disc Brakes

Part Time 4x4 Kit – Marks Adapters

Warn Hubs

Custom Front and Rear Driveshafts (Double Cardan in Back)

Jamar Line Lock Parking Brake

Every Axle Bearing and seal replaced with OEM quality units

Rebuilt Knuckles

Canton Racing Remote Oil Filter

HPS Silicone Radiator Hoses

Champion Aluminum Radiator

Airaid Air Intake

Running Gear/Suspension

SCS F5 17” 3.5” BS wheels (5)

BFG KO2 315/75/17 Tires (5)

OME Dakar 2.5” Springs

Extended MAF Shackles

Greasable pins

Bilstein 5165 Shocks

Body

Chassis and Every Body Panel Sand Blasted

High End Paint Job – 1H5 Cement Gray

All New OEM Weather Stripping

ARB Front Bumper

Rebuild Warn 8274 Winch

Tuff Stuff Synthetic Line

4+ Rear Bumper

4+ Side Steps

JW Speaker LED Headlights

NARVA LED Taillights

ARB Intensity AR21 Lights

Rigid Dually Diffused Reverse Lights

OEM Front Blinkers with LED Bulbs

Old Air Products Hurricane AC/Heat

Metal Tech Jackson Cage

Subaru Impreza Front Seats (Heated/Leather)

Heated Jump Seats

All New OEM Badges

80 Series Non-ABS Steering Wheel

OTRATTW Switches (Each One Custom)

Bushwhacker Fender Flares

High Lift

Euro Spec 40 Series Mirrors

Nitro Rear Diff Cover

ARB Dual Compressor

BTB Products Dash Box

BTB Products Brake Booster

Triple Wiper Conversion Using OEM Parts

Lizard Skin Ceramic Insulation Coating (Inside/Under)

Lizard Skin Rubberized Sound Deadener (Inside/Under)

UPOL Raptorliner (Inside/Under)

SOR Interior Carpet Kit

Magnaflow Exhaust with V- Band Clamps

Axia Alloys Visors

Axia Alloys Rear View Mirror

18% SunTek Tint

Electronics

Dakota Digital Dash

Dakota Digital Pressure Monitor – Air tank and Fuel Pressure

Dakota Digital Voltage Monitor – View Voltage of Main and AUX Battery

Dakota Digital Fan Controller – Turns Fan On at Desired Temp and Off at Desired Speed

Dakota Digital Power Windows

Dakota Digital Cruise Control

Dakota Digital Linear Actuator (High/Low)

Die Hard Platinum AGM Starting Battery

Die Hear Platinum AGM Deep Cycle Battery

Blue Sea Auto Charge Relay

Pioneer AVH4400 DVD Player

Pioneer Reverse Camera

Polk Audio 6.5” Front Components

Polk Audio 5.25” Rear Coax Speakers

Polk Audio 2 Channel Amp

Polk Audio 8” Sub Enclosed in Pelican Case

Circuit Breaker Panel – No Fuses

Delphi Plugs On All Connections

Hella Horns

Samsung Galaxy Tab complete with operating instructions and wiring diagrams of every system

If interested, I will include the matching expedition trailer for an additional amount.

Build Thread-

Off Road Trailer Build

It includes:

ARB Simpson III Rooftop Tent

ARB 1250 Awning

ARB 2000 Awning with walls

ARB 63q Fridge

SCS F5 3.5" BS Tires

BFG 35x12.5x16 Wheels

16 Gallon Water Tank

Sureflow Water Pump

Rigid Industries Diffused Area Lights

Matching NARVA lights

Mileage since completion - 12,500
Mileage on Engine - 65,000
Mileage on Transmission - 19,500

PRICE - $50,000

With Trailer - $60,000

Please PM me with any questions. I can assist with shipping, or you may pick it up in Las Vegas, NV

Thank you

DSC00678.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome truck, I am sure it'll go quick at that price. One of the best 40's I have ever seen over the past 20 years. If I had the cash I'd be calling right now.

My jaw literally just dropped.

I can't believe you sold it.

I can't wait to see what you do next.

Received full payment today... UZJ40 is headed to Florida. I looked forward to seeing it every day in my garage and it will be extremely sad having it not be there by the end of the week. My wife is even more upset, and keeps asking me 'if I'm sure' .

It was a great experience building it and I'd do it all over the exact same way. Thanks to everyone on Mud that followed along and motivated me. Land Cruiser guys are the nicest group of car guys I've ever come across, and I've met some lifelong friends because of them.

I will have a new Cruiser project soon and I'll be sure to share.

Riley

Florida? Damn those retired new yorkers and all their cash ;)

Glad its not going north and hope the new owner continues to share, its such a beautiful thing.

This will be a tough week for you and your wife I would imagine, I hope you guys have the time to run around in the rig a little and give her a proper good bye

Received full payment today... UZJ40 is headed to Florida. I looked forward to seeing it every day in my garage and it will be extremely sad having it not be there by the end of the week. My wife is even more upset, and keeps asking me 'if I'm sure' .

It was a great experience building it and I'd do it all over the exact same way. Thanks to everyone on Mud that followed along and motivated me. Land Cruiser guys are the nicest group of car guys I've ever come across, and I've met some lifelong friends because of them.

Riley
Come on down to Florida! It’s not near Destin, by chance?

WOW.. didn't think you would let it go that quick after reading the build thread.. man i wished I would have seen your ad and your build 2 weeks sooner..

Riley

Ok Riley, my definition of soon would be somewhere right about now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom