1976 FJ40 2F Semi Transistorized Points Igniter…Dwell measurement? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This is from a printed Dec. 1974 2f engine manual. What are you trying to achieve? Is there a problem?
20230102_221330.jpg

Thanks for posting. I wanted to have this info for reference.

The coil only discharges when the dizzy points are closed, so just like a tach your meter should be sensing this rate and duration (dwell) of each discharge. Since your meter does this with built in functionality it doesn’t need an induction reading probe which would connect to a plug wire. Also why your meter (PT) is more expensive than others 😂. Make sure red is connected to the negative terminal of the coil, and the black to a chassis ground.

How do you adjust Dwell on a ‘78 Semi-Transistorized Ignition (no Points)? When I measured the Dwell on my Meter it was around 30-32. Do you adjust the Air-Gap?

How do you adjust Dwell on a ‘78 Semi-Transistorized Ignition (no Points)? When I measured the Dwell on my Meter it was around 30-32. Do you adjust the Air-Gap?

There's no adjustment on electronic ignition.

What semi transistorized igniter model are you running?

That’s a fully electronic igniter. If you’re running the stock electronic distributor, the Dwell is variable and determined by distributor at different RPMs. Try measuring your dwell at various RPMs.

You can read all about your distributor and ignitor here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom