1975 FJ40 Windshield glass (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

knuckle47

I can’t get enough Land Cruiser
SILVER Star
Threads
Decided to actually clean all of the windows today and discovered 2 BB style chips in the front windshield. Does someone have a source for a new piece of glass? The rubber seems really good so I’ll leave that. Also, about what do you think it costs for the glass alone?

Gee whiz, I have not seen a $200.00 windshield in over 20 years…thanks, let’s see what the NJ glass guys get

I've had to replace mine twice, a decade apart. Local glass guy did both. He cut and installed slightly green tinted, flat safety glass using my gasket, don't think I paid more than $140 last time. Good deals are out there, shop around. 👍

When they mention glass shops, they are talking real deal places that actually cut glass not the store type places like Safelite.

Well, that’s good to know. I was lightly thinking about this…I had a friend who did auto glass …I don’t know if he ever did this kind of thing.. I can’t ask him now unfortunately. This is one of the most Densely populated states I’m sure there will be a good glass guy somewhere. There are so many cars on the road play must have good business because nobody knows how to drive and there is always an accident somewhere in my travels.

Just had a new rear cut and installed for my '70 FJ40 for $240. The ones in catalogs or online vary from $175-275 for fronts, but most won't ship. Local pickup only. I would expect good shops will do it for less than $300 all in

Like others have said I would look local. I called a place today and they said they don't work on something that old or cut glass for that matter.
If all resources fails Cruiser Corps has glass and it ships for free. New OEM windshield weather-stripping is still available.

Called a few shops today in my area and as for cutting…. I might as well have asked for those proverbial “hens teeth” ordered one online. Good suggestion @sterling

'78 FJ40 windshield replacement. Does anyone have a source to replace a windshield in the Denver area?

@Norseman66 I ordered my online from cruisercorps if I remember it was $259? Last year

any idea what is different between a '58-'64 (cruiser corp) windshield and a '78

'78 FJ40 windshield replacement. Does anyone have a source to replace a windshield in the Denver area?

Screenshot_20231005_120252_Maps.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom