Builds 1965 FJ45lv build up/resto thread (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

attachment.php

only thing I can think of, is perhaps making it flush to the blower box, and not the dash... might look a little tidier, although, it will be harder to fab ....

I don't know about you guys but I am seeing Red X on unstable Geeks post.

Also seeing multipule red x's on stuff I posted last night?

I want to see your pic!!!!!

Matt

Sounds like your computer is HOZED Time to MOD THE GOOD O'LE PC!

No red x's here......................
Maybe you have to live in the home state of the Nat'l Champions Longhorns:flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2:
Butch

It is working fine Matt.

Looks good man.

:beer: :beer:

it does seem like a larger brake pedal would be nice to have in the long run.

At home now on the old school PC (if you guys knew how old you would laugh) works here?

I was at work with the new pimped out Dell's on the high speed conection and I had the x's :confused: Probably work there tomorrow or something???

I don't think the dual brake pedal is going happen, maybe wider with the single arm that's there, but I won't be adding the clutch pedal back in. I think when I get up tomorrow, plan is to start making that box, probably take several hours. Then I think I'm going to hack into the dash and re-arrange a few body lines, I've been kinda dreading doing that :rolleyes: Just for the fact it's going to be hard and time consuming.

Nothing on the lv tonight, wife and I went to a movie tonight, Johny Cash, "Walk the line". Pretty decent flick, I'd give it a thumbs up I guess ;p

Matt

buckroseau said:
At home now on the old school PC (if you guys knew how old you would laugh) works here?

you NEED to post up a picture of that thing Matt....

:beer:

what was the OS? W95?

Have a great weekend pal!

Poser said:
you NEED to post up a picture of that thing Matt....

:beer:

what was the OS? W95?

Have a great weekend pal!

I can still hear the Gerbil running in there ;)

Matt

Last edited:
Pretty good day on the lv today, about 9 hours :)

Started off by making that center section, no real problems there. Made the center piece first and then the sides and tacked it together while it was in place. After it was tacked I pulled it out and welded the insided corners sold and then ground down the outside corners so it had a little rounded edge to it.

Started on the dash, kinda a pain in the ass. I wanted to make sure I carried that dash line across so it looked uniform. I think with a couple coats of primer and then sanded out it's going to look real nice. Pretty much got all the dash knobs and vents drilled in, except for the cigerette lighter, should get that done tomorrow.

Took a break from the dash and mounted the mirrors and the antenna, just wanted a change of pace. You can see my template in one of the last pics, thanks pimp :cheers:

Plan is to hit it hard tomorrow, going to grind away underneath the dash a bit, get the AC unit fitting up nice and ready to go. Might start welding some of the extra firewall holes shut tomorrow also.......plenty to do..... ;p

Matt
MVC-001S.JPG
MVC-002S.JPG
MVC-003S.JPG

more
MVC-004S.JPG
MVC-005S.JPG
MVC-006S.JPG

more 2
MVC-007S.JPG
MVC-008S.JPG
MVC-009S.JPG

more 3
MVC-010S.JPG
MVC-011S.JPG
MVC-013S.JPG

last 3
MVC-015S.JPG
MVC-016S.JPG
MVC-017S.JPG

I have a Camry parts rig here, what about me sawzalling the brake pedal and sending it to ya' and you can weld the larger pad onto your brake pedal?
Butch

Texican said:
I have a Camry parts rig here, what about me sawzalling the brake pedal and sending it to ya' and you can weld the larger pad onto your brake pedal?
Butch

I'm I missing something here......do I need a larger brake pedal?

Just curious since others have mentioned it, I thought it looked fine?

What does the Camry pedal look like?

Thanks, Matt

I would stay with the stock look. Maybe use both pedals together if possible. But not a Camry pedal. Its yota but really. ???

But hey, Matt its up to you b/c you work some serious wonder.

Looks like today was a good day to do Cruiser work. I got the front part of lift basically finished!

are you going to weld that center cover thing to the dash? it might be a better idea bolt it, cause it would be a PITA to get all the dash knobs in with that there

74fj40 said:
are you going to weld that center cover thing to the dash? it might be a better idea bolt it, cause it would be a PITA to get all the dash knobs in with that there

Already bolted and yes it does come off. I do need to get behind there, lots of stuff ;)

Matt

I have spent HOURS going over this thread, over and over. Your project, sir, is an inspiration, I have NEVER seen someone go through a vehicle so methodically, with so much attention to detail. I may well me the person most excited to see the end result after you and your wife. My sincere congratulations, it's amazing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom