Builds 1965 FJ45lv build up/resto thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well its not on HAMB although he is registered on there. Maybe he will check the thread again soon.

Matt-

What's the story on the 'Rod? Linky no workie :(

Figured I better post a few pics, little update :)

Yes, I have been driving it...since early May. Been a couple bugs to work out, but nothing to major. Drives pretty decent, I have no interior yet so it's a little loud, but overall ok.

Poser and his girlfriend were up this last weekend for the local car show, we had a blast. He's pretty die hard dude, drove his 63 bel air up from the cities....400 miles :p Actually he won an award for the farthest distance traveled. :) Hoping he can make it up again soon, maybe he'll drive something else. In fact, the Warroad show is June 21st if you read this Steve ;)

Posted a pic of this last weekend at the show...didn't win anything, only the shiny cars win stuff. That's ok though...I had a blast and a lot of people looking at my junk, fun to see. Kinda like bringing an old Landcruiser to a car show....people aren't sure what to make of it ;p Other 2 are from a few weeks ago out in the driveway, couple glamour shots after I rolled it out and started driving it.

Matt
486.jpg
475.jpg
471.jpg

Last edited:
I hope you enjoyed it if an entire day was spent going over it? ;)

Matt

amazing, amazing, amazing, amazing.........me and my Dad are going to fix up his recently aquired 65 fj40lv and this thread will be our bible. I kid you not, this is the most impressive build I've ever seen!

When I have an entire day to do nothing, I spend it reading this entire thread. Going on 3 times now. Fantastic work.

Matt great to meet you and your bro in law at the LSLC meeting last nite.
Butch

Matt great to meet you and your bro in law at the LSLC meeting last nite.
Butch

Hey Butch!

The pleasure was all mine, both of us had a great time. It's always fun putting a name with a face! That was great looking at all those cruisers and meeting everyone. Hoping to make it up your way at some point, if not this trip maybe the next one. I may even try to make a trip south for next years Lonestar round up!!

Matt

Matt. Have not forgotten about you needing handles. I am sure I have a complete extra set that has been rechromed as new. Trouble is, my LV is in California where it is taking painstakingly long for the restoration to be completed. I have completed 2 other FJs here since it has been gone. When I get a chance to see it again in person, I will get a set.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom