Builds 1965 FJ45lv build up/resto thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Matt - the LV looks great - I have one I'd like to make similar to yours

(and I've learned a lot about SEM sauce and welding from your posts)

I'm too lazy to read through the entire thread again - what lift/tire size combo are you running?

Tires are BF's, 33 x 9.5 on stock rims.

Lift is (was) 2.5" suspension lift in the springs. Rear sagged into the negative's now....Plan on installing some rear OME 2.5" lift springs on the rear in a few weeks I got from Poser last fall.

Matt

Wow Matt, it took me awhile, but I finally finished reading your thread all I can say is impressive work. Looking forward to seeing it completed and sitting level. Keep up the good work.

Kevin

Matt man...

You get those rear springs in yet?

You going to bring this truck back to the show as well?

Nice Paint

Matt - I do believe you have one of the finest looking LVs - very classy - what are the paint colors you used on the exterior?

Matt man...

You get those rear springs in yet?

You going to bring this truck back to the show as well?

Hi Steve,

No, haven't got the OME rear springs.....still waiting on you ;p

Might actually try to get that done this weekend, wife is getting a little anxious to drive it.

And yes, the lv will make another apperance at the show.....wife will drive the lv, I'm planning on driving the lpb..with the Yamahachooper in tow :D

See ya in June :cheers:

Matt - I do believe you have one of the finest looking LVs - very classy - what are the paint colors you used on the exterior?

:doh: I'm an idiot....been meaning to get that to you.

Better I post it here, that way it's on file if I ever need it again:)

Continetal Beige - MBC 23535 A

White - MBC 91040 A

The codes are PPG, but I'm sure any decent auto parts store could x-reference them over to a different brand.

Hope this helps, Matt

About 2.5 hours on the the lv today, got the rear springs swapped out.

I had boughten that set of OME springs from POSER last fall. The parabolics after 500 miles had sacked out into the negatives in the ass end of the lv and the wheels were rubbing in the wheel wells......so they had to go.:rolleyes:

I had painted the springs last fall, so they were ready to go. Went pretty much as planned, it was nice that the bushings in the parabolics were the same size as the OME, so everything fit right back in.

I wish I would have taken a before pic, bummed about that. The lv is definetely sitting back up, I'm thinking about 3" or so higher than it was before? I can now see the tops of the tire in the rear wheel wells, and it is pretty much sitting level again. Took a couple trips into town today and the wife and I went for a drive this evening to the, "drive-in". I think it actually drove better than it did before. Before it seemed kinda mushy in the ass, maybe just to soft? Now it seemed firm, but it still drove amazingly well. The OME's seem to suck up the bumps just fine and still offer a smooth ride. Needless to say, very happy with the OME's! :)

Matt
MVC-001S.JPG
MVC-002S.JPG
MVC-003S.JPG

:doh: I'm an idiot....been meaning to get that to you.

Better I post it here, that way it's on file if I ever need it again:)

Continetal Beige - MBC 23535 A

White - MBC 91040 A

The codes are PPG, but I'm sure any decent auto parts store could x-reference them over to a different brand.

Hope this helps, Matt
No sweat - computers been down for a while anyway...

The new springs make things look great - we'll see how mine looks in 33's soon...

Thanks for the info (and inspiration)

buckrusso.. i might be new to ths site..... but my whole life i have loved landcruisrs... since i was 14,,, and now i'm 54... the pictures of your 45 lv are the single coolest vehicle i have EVER seen... i'm not kidding.. wtf?????

Isnt that the truth! Whats even better is watching the build from its begining.... and having the jitters when he took a week off. Then the pictures would come and the addiction would subside for a moment.

Thanks...I appreciate the compliments :)

Few pics of the project I have been working on since October, 1930 Chevy 2 door sedan. I picked it up mid-September, but didn't get started on it until October.

Thought I might have to work on some Detroit junk for a bit....but, I have slightly mattified it a bit ;p

Matt
9.jpg
1small.JPG
2small.JPG

Thanks...I appreciate the compliments :)

Few pics of the project I have been working on since October, 1930 Chevy 2 door sedan. I picked it up mid-September, but didn't get started on it until October.

Thought I might have to work on some Detroit junk for a bit....but, I have slightly mattified it a bit ;p

Matt

Yes, but where are you documenting its build up?
I signed up for this board to get updates on the build of your LV, I'll sign up for another one to watch the build of your Chevy!

:popcorn:

Thanks for what you've added to the resto/mod community.
-Chaz

Thought I might throw out a couple teaser photo's ;) These 2 pics were taken a couple weeks ago...had to roll it out to clean in the garage.

I fabbed the frame from scratch, Z'd the rear end 12". Using a 40 Ford front axle and a 73 ford 9" rear axle. Drivetrain is 350 sbc with a TH350 auto tranny out of a 75 chevy truck I bought for $200 bucks. I channeled the body 4" over the frame and chopped the top 3.5". Also welded an 88 dodge mini van roof into the roof of the chevy. The rims are 1928 stock ford wire spokes, got those from a local 70 year old man for $5 bucks a rim...had to straighten them out, blast and paint..but pretty cool. Front tires are motorcycle tires I bought off ebay for $25 bucks each. I have rear wire spokes, just don't have the rubber yet.

I have a build up thread on another website....it is no where near the detail of the LV or LPB thread. Just seems so hard to keep up on top of it.. But, there are a lot of photos on it..

Matt
221.jpg
223.jpg

Yes, but where are you documenting its build up?
I signed up for this board to get updates on the build of your LV, I'll sign up for another one to watch the build of your Chevy!

:popcorn:

Thanks for what you've added to the resto/mod community.
-Chaz

Did you watch the lpb buildup as well??

Matt,
Whats the other web page? Is it HAMB? You know we want a link. :)

I was wondering how long it would take you to do a hotrod. Looks ratty to me. Are you finishing it or going more rustomod/rat rod. I know a lot of pep's don't like the term rat rod, but whatever you want to call it I like it bc it is unpretentious. Let us know the link. Cheers.

Did you watch the lpb buildup as well??

Matt,
Whats the other web page? Is it HAMB? You know we want a link. :)

Yes, I did watch & thoroughly enjoy the lpb buildup.

I agree, detailed or not, we really need a link to the other board!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom