Builds 1965 FJ45lv build up/resto thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Full 90's with the same piece.
MVC-140S.JPG

so do you just mark them out with a sharpie or something and go to bending?

Yep.....

I think once you get started and see what you produce, you will be happy.

Matt

Yep.....

I think once you get started and see what you produce, you will be happy.

Matt

Thanks Matt.

the internet price is $899, down from $999, but the paper ad is $799. If you want this price you need the right code. The code is 41162-1rsh. The number to order is 1-800-423-2567. Shipping is $60 to your door if you can get the 766lb piece off a truck. Either that or you pay an extra $100ish to get a drop gate to your door.

Thanks for the info and the demonstration Matt.:cheers:

</End thread Hijack>

Guess what showed up today???? A brand new rear set of Old Man Emu springs for the lv :D Courtesy of POSER (Steve) from LCR4WD.....Thanks Steve!! :cheers: :beer: :beer:

I think your going to have to swing up and give me a hand putting them on......holy heavy bat man :eek: It's going to take a couple men and a small boy to get those baby's in!

Needless to say, very, very happy. Looking forward to getting them installed and trying them out. Hopefully keep the wheels off the wheel wells now. I'll try to get them hung up in the booth in the next few days. Scotch brite them down with a pad, spray a coat of epoxy primer and a couple coats of single stage urethane.

Steve also sent a couple other goodies. Those key chains are cool, where did you get those?? The stickers (which I didn't take a pic of) are awesome also.....running out of room on the tool box though..;)

Thanks again Steve and get up here soon so we can put them in :cheers:

Matt
MVC-018S.JPG
MVC-019S.JPG
MVC-020S.JPG

last 3
MVC-021S.JPG
MVC-022S.JPG
MVC-023S.JPG

Very cool. Were the other springs breaking in a little too much?

October isn't looking too good...I am having a hard time convincing work to give me time off to run out there. I would love to help out. If you talk to Steve, have him call me. I called the shop but no luck.

PAGE 2!

Get the springs painted yet?

Matt, didn't you rework a rear heater core at one time? I know I've seen pics of someone fixing a leaky one once before. I've searched but can't find anything. Thanks.

PAGE 2!

Get the springs painted yet?

No, not yet. Probably going to paint them when I get the front springs for the lpb.

Then you need to swing up and we can do that :D

Matt

Matt, didn't you rework a rear heater core at one time? I know I've seen pics of someone fixing a leaky one once before. I've searched but can't find anything. Thanks.

No, didn't rework a rear heater core......at least not that I remember ;p

I did buy a used center console heater out of a 89 FJ62 and made the center console to fit that and the lv?

Matt

Wife was out and about today with the LV. She's got some October decorations in the front yard and parked next one of them today.

Few pics I thought looked kinda neat.....little dirty though. ;p

Matt
1.JPG
2.JPG

Last edited:
i think the lv is fall coloured ;) nice pumpkin by the way. the gourd on the other hand ... ;)

hmm.......that's a lot there.....where to start?

First of all, thanks for the compliments. I don't think I deserved all that, but still nice to hear good things from fellow cruiser heads. Always said, I'm just your average goober welding and pounding metal out in the shop. Just as fun for me to share what I do with others and also gleen a little info of a few of you as well :D In any event, thanks again :) And if your ever up this way, let me know....more than welcome to stop by :beer:

As far as a TV show...I think you guys all need to call, write and email those outfits. Who knows, maybe one of them will get on board?? I only have a few demands: 1st - I have 2 friends that have to be on the show as well.:D I probably wouldn't be that entertaining.....I tend to get in the zone and just try to get sh-t done. I may be the guy to yell, swear or throw somthing if things aren't getting done, but that might be about it. The other guys are also very talented and much more animated and characters than me. Both are extremely talented also. 2nd - I want guests on the show, and not fancy boy people either. Viewers that can email, call or write in and request to be on. Just average weekend warriors that can come on for an episode and fawk up just like me an everyone else. 3rd - No super fancy Nascar shops....in fact I think the show should be confined to a double wide garage. And all tools used on the show must be able to be ordered out of harbor freight or Northern tool (or some other fly by night outfit like that). I want anyone watching to know that they could fab some junk up also. So......there are my demands....I'm sure the discovery channel will be calling me tomorrow ;p

On the other 2 topics I'll be quick, since your obviously smarter than me ;)

I respectfully disagree on the bumper. I think I understand your description correctly and I believe it's overkill. I've looked at many class III hitches and this has more mass than most and more attachment points. I'm not an engineer, but I don't see it failing in my life time.

On the headrests......I agree 100%. Everything you said was completely accurate and makes total sense. I can't get them in there tomorrow, but I will plan on making it happen in the near future.

Thanks again and hope to see ya soon :cheers: :beer:

Matt

and a class act.

:cheers:

Hi Matt, I heard from Steve that your OME rear springs were not fitting? Something about the bushings? I talked to MAF today and they said the FJ47 springs worked for our LV's? Any help or progress, I have to get some suspension parts ordered and decide which way to go. Did you ever consider staying with the stock springs? Ride is important and I have never driven my LV so I have no idea how they ride from the factory or if the original springs have sagged?

I know you built it as a daily driver for the wife but it almost hurts to see it dirty...

Any issues developed with the overall package? How does she like it so far?

I know, I can't stand to see it dirty either.....but, that's what happens when you live on a gravel road and drive it :D

No real issues yet to speak of, although we haven't put 1000's of miles on it yet :) I still have some stuff I need to do, all little stuff but, it will take some time to do all those little things.

Hoping Poser get's his ass up here one day and we can install those rear OME springs. :flipoff2: The parabolics are going to be inverted here pretty soon.....they must have made them out of mild steel or something , I've got to admitt...they are junk :confused:

Matt

Hi Matt, I heard from Steve that your OME rear springs were not fitting? Something about the bushings? I talked to MAF today and they said the FJ47 springs worked for our LV's? Any help or progress, I have to get some suspension parts ordered and decide which way to go. Did you ever consider staying with the stock springs? Ride is important and I have never driven my LV so I have no idea how they ride from the factory or if the original springs have sagged?

Hi Mark,

Been meaning to email you on that, just keep forgetting...sorry.

I think I may have made a mistake when I said that, not sure yet though. I thought my spring pins were a certain dia., but the more I thought about it...I think Steve had the dia. right.

I won't know until I take my old springs off and see my shackle pins again, but Steve probably sent the right bushings. So, as far as fit-ment issues, I think there are none......and if there are, they will be in the form of poly bushings, which requires that you/I spend an extra $20 bucks and get the right ones.

I did not consider staying with the stock springs since mine were sagged out after 40 years. I also wanted about a 2.5" lift, nothing over the top, but kinda that bold / stout look. The stock springs I think would have given me that, "pimp my ride" low rider look.

From what I have heard OME's are really nice. You pay a little premium for them, but supposedly worth it? They have been around for a while and there are lots of them out there, which is a good sign. If I were to do it again......I would have called Steve up and ordered up a set of OME with a 2.5" lift.

Live and learn I guess......

Matt

Matt-

Please comment on the bushing situation, shackle and spring pin diameter differences.

:beer:

I think I was typing as you were.....please see above.....:D

Matt

springs painted yet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom