12 volt power points and install locations? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

sleepycruiser

I will get by….I will survive -Touch of Grey LC200
Threads
I need to install some 12v usb points, etc in my 2011. I’ll probably do a few in the cargo area and a few in the back of the center console.

Does anyone have any pics of options?

Not sure if I will run a BlueSea or not. If I do I will likely install it inside somewhere for easier wire runs, but for now I’ll just use some fuse taps off switches fuses.

Just wanted to see what everyone has installed….and where.

tapping lines is a pretty bad idea... you can overload the circuit, it gets hot and melts stuff...
Here is an example of a cargo area spot... My system uses a LiPo battery in the back though and a blue sea fuse block but you can do a run from the front with say 10g wire and fuse it at the battery back to here.
I choose this spot BC the panel is pretty cheap to replace if needed. Normally my drawer wings house the outlets and this door is off.
This is a bit of an older rev of my system...

IMG_1510.JPG

tapping lines is a pretty bad idea... you can overload the circuit, it gets hot and melts stuff...
Here is an example of a cargo area spot... My system uses a LiPo battery in the back though and a blue sea fuse block but you can do a run from the front with say 10g wire and fuse it at the battery back to here.
I choose this spot BC the panel is pretty cheap to replace if needed. Normally my drawer wings house the outlets and this door is off.
This is a bit of an older rev of my system...

View attachment 3168286
I was considering that spot for the cargo area actually.

I can run directly off the battery and just use relays, etc. Might as well just use a BlueSea so I can add stuff later easier.

Easiest is to buy/build an ARB Fridge Wiring kit, it has enough 10g wire and a fuse to get back there (you might need to go under the carpet from drivers to passenger in the rear but thats easy)... and hook it up to a Blue sea Fuse box in the jack compartment... Purely IMHO... you can use a relay to trigger it or if you plan on running a fridge I would just go direct off the battery and use non-lighted 12v plugs back there or ones you can turn off at the plug... My fridges use Anderson plugs hence the dual outlet for them, and I find myself charging stuff when the truck is off mostly (from my 2nd battery though)...

Amazon product ASIN B0742LV4JW

I added outlets in a couple spots in the rear. I would give some consideration to cargo and loadout so it doesn't block or hit the outlets that might be plugged in.

1668483143645.png

1668483192969.png

Last edited:
I need to install some 12v usb points, etc in my 2011. I’ll probably do a few in the cargo area and a few in the back of the center console.

Does anyone have any pics of options?

Not sure if I will run a BlueSea or not. If I do I will likely install it inside somewhere for easier wire runs, but for now I’ll just use some fuse taps off switches fuses.

Just wanted to see what everyone has installed….and where.

I’ve posted a zillion over the years. Personally, I’ve just run fused wires through the firewall and rearward… If you plan for a timon back there, run heavier to a fuse box in back. My blue sea fuse box is in one of the holes where the third row is on either side. For small USB stuff, this is not hard to do.

USB's in second row and cargo area. I use Blue Sea marine grade parts.

tempImagezYGeBs.png

tempImagelwd6T5.png

tempImageW47Shi.png

tempImageMRNaTe.png

Run them under the sills. Getting through the B pillar is a little hassle. Most of the time is removing and reinstalling interior cargo panels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom