10mm V-belts. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Odd question here to throw out to Mud. I'm looking for 10 mm V-belts. Probably in a variety of lengths until I see what works best, but around 32" total length. They are to fit into the crank pulley and an alternator pulley from a 1990 22re, but not for the alternator in its normal position. Cheap 1/2 belts will work, but they are a bit too wide, and sit partially out of the pulleys. I have done a bunch of searching, but can't find what looks like a good source in Canada or the U.S. Maybe someone can point me to a manufacturer or supplier? Or a guide to Toyota belts of various lengths in the 10mm V-belt with no segments. Or maybe with segments. Might not matter.

Go to the parts store and look through the Gator or Goodyear catalogs for what you need. Could probably check online too.

Done quite a bit of on-line searching. The Gates came up before. Pretty sure I'm between their 800mm and 900mm in the 10mm belt. They seemed to change increments right around 800mm. Might still work because the 10mm will sit further into the pulley, allowing for a shorter belt. Will check on the weekend.

Could not find a Gates dealer North of the border. Parts store says ACDelco crosses over, so I have 2 of their 3/8 belts sitting on my desk. 3/8 is close enough to 10mm, so they sit in the pulleys much better. Just have to trial and error the length.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom