105 1999 Landcruiser turns over but no spark. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello guys,

I have a 105 1999 (1FZ-FE) landcruiser, and it stopped working, I parked the car, went shopping got back in it refused to start and had it towed home, which was fun.
I have the codes.
P1300
P1310
P1320
And I can see there is no spark. I had a look through the forum and have had a look at a few of the threads on the forum and I think its my ECU. Not 100% sure, I am not sure how to test this bit.

I have done the testing suggested by on hardtopte72 on this page, and all is well.

Cleaned the fuse box with electrical cleaner and changed the fuses.
I can see that the previous owner has also soldered in a new power connection for the 3 ignition coils. The 3 separate positive power wires are connected to a single positive power. So something in the passed must have been an issue.
I can see that when I turn on my ignition my red security light goes out when I crank. So that makes me think that the immobilizer is ok?

Any advice would be fantastic

I see you have not received any replies - and I apologize for not being more knowledgeable, but what stops me short is your line that the previous owner soldered in direct power to the coils - that is unsettling! I would probably start by undoing this work and return to a stock wiring- then go from there.
Gil

I see you have not received any replies - and I apologize for not being more knowledgeable, but what stops me short is your line that the previous owner soldered in direct power to the coils - that is unsettling! I would probably start by undoing this work and return to a stock wiring- then go from there.
Gil
Thanks I have tried to contact the previous owner to see why he did this. But at the moment I have had no luck. I have attached a picture, I can see that the old wires have been capped off, so I could reattach them, but I assume this was done for some reason.

20240206_163414.jpg

If I put a new ECU in, do I just need the ECU and key that is coded to it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom