100 Series to 60 Series Front Fascia Conversion Flex Dream LC100 to LC60 Grille & Headlights (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

SoCal FZJ80

Happy to be Alive!
Threads
Website
www.extremelandcruiser.com
This is the Flex Dream conversion for the 100 Series if you want to make your cruiser look more traditional.
Radical change over the way the UZJ100 looks in the USA. Toyota should have made a version of the 100 series like this from the factory, but currently only concentrates on sending Luxury ZX trim level models to the USA. Wheels are alloys made in Japan that look like classic steel wheels. Flex does not sell these parts separately, only as part of a complete converted vehicle.

Could just imagine this kit on a FZJ105 with a set of GX series ambulance doors on the back and factory tire carrier... Just Awesome!!!

Links:

ランクル100 丸目クラシックスタイル FD-classic100|フレックス・ドリーム

Flex Dream LC100 to LC60 Fascia conversion from Extreme Landcruiser - Extreme Landcruiser Toyota Performance Parts

Flex Dream LC100 Pastel.jpg

Flex Dream LC100 Biege:Black.jpg

Flex Dream LC100 White.jpg

Flex Dream LC100 LC60 Komaki.jpg

Last edited:
Interesting. Really like those steel wheels and hubcaps too. Any source for those as well.

Keep us updated.

I like the back dated grill. Looks great. What is the price range?

I only like the grill, not a fan of those headlights

Not really digging this look. But, it's your Cruiser. Post pics when you get it done. Thx

I like it a lot, but not worth swapping and riveting in the new filler panel to me. Also I'd never swap my projector headlights for those older halogens. As much as I like cosmetic changes, I'll always side with function.

Also I hit up Flexdream on Instagram, and they never got back to me. But they still like my pictures all the time :cautious:

You can get the round headlights in Projector style these days. Even load them up with HID or LED.

I like it a lot, but not worth swapping and riveting in the new filler panel to me. Also I'd never swap my projector headlights for those older halogens. As much as I like cosmetic changes, I'll always side with function.
:cautious:

You can get the round headlights in Projector style these days. Even load them up with HID or LED.
Hadn't even thought of that! Well now you've got me thinking, but after everything it took in my life to build my projector housings... I think I'll buy myself a house first haha.

Interesting. Really like those steel wheels and hubcaps too. Any source for those as well.

Keep us updated.

I will look into the classic style wheels next. Will let you know what I find out. :cheers:

I don't think these are meant to look like the 60 series, unlike the conversion the do for 80's which uses the old 60 series grills, headlights, surrounds and even bumpers.

They definitely look more traditional, even nostalgic, but these look more like the first 90 series Prados, which came from the factory with similar grill and headlights. Are we sure these weren't available from the factory in some markets?

I hesitate to ask how much? Can't be cheap.... Couldn't find their website.

Flex Japan only sells the conversion as part of a completed vehicle. That is the plan going forward for the future in the USA market as well.

We have the only set so far outside of Japan.

$3,000? For a grille, some headlight buckets and headlights? Are they trying to recoup their entire R&D costs in the first two sold? That's ridiculously overpriced. At that price point they should've figure out the wiring harness... and included a set of wheels... and a winch bumper... and an apology.

So far that has probably been the whole reason they do not offer the parts for retail sale due to cost. Only as a completely built vehicle.
As I have discovered in prior research, we are in one of the best markets to buy a gasoline Land Cruiser in the entire world when you compare
cost of vehicle, overall condition, and "lack of use". You can buy a 100 here for a fraction of what they cost in Japan, probably why they don't
think as much about the cost of customization as we do. A decent 100 here sells for as low as $6500, where as in Japan they still bring $20000
and up. Sometimes you can find deals on 100's in other countries, but the repair history and hard use or rust can be major considerations.

I was reading this thread and saw 3K posted but where did that price come from, will the USA dealer (as stated on the website) chime in and tell us the price for sure?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom