100 Series to 60 Series Front Fascia Conversion Flex Dream LC100 to LC60 Grille & Headlights (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

SoCal - Before install I would have someone 3d scan that so we can make parts here. $3k for a new grill and headlights is insanity.

I wanted to make that grill. The problem Is finding a 2006 + grill for cheaper than 200 or so. You need the thicker bars in my opinion.
The repro 60 grill slats are too short for the 100 series frame if you cut and custom boiled, bent, fit inside the 2006 plus frame. The Toyota emblem with the tabs is expensive, but the same emblem without the tabs at the end is cheap.

I searched for at least two days, many hours for a knock off 2006, or any thick barred grill to get enough material to stich it together. A lot of that material has to come out where the round emblem is.

Late model facelifted 06 and 07 make it hard for manufacturers to mass produce things like grills for 57 dollars. I didn't want to do it with two 2005 k ok off grills for 120 plus the 44 dollar emblem.
I'm looking for more grills though.

I spoke to Ryan from Extreme Land Cruiser today, and I now I have a much better idea why it costs what it costs, sure I wish they would make it in a way that it is a lot cheaper and then sold a lot more hear but not sure that will happen. I certainly don't blame or take it out on Ryan, he just happens to be company that sells then, and mostly not in US because no one wants to spend that amount of money here.

I spoke to Ryan from Extreme Land Cruiser today, and I now I have a much better idea why it costs what it costs, sure I wish they would make it in a way that it is a lot cheaper and then sold a lot more hear but not sure that will happen. I certainly don't blame or take it out on Ryan, he just happens to be company that sells then, and mostly not in US because no one wants to spend that amount of money here.

Can you tell us why it costs so much?

They are buying authentic Toyota parts for the grill and the badge and then machining/modifying them into the new front grill. The headlight buckets are bolt in, so i can only assume they are mold injected so the dies had to be creates so upfront cost, but depending on how they did it, they maybe paying high cost per piece to offset the cost of machining die's (instead of paying the cost of front). Also I believe the sell prices from the company is most likely higher because they really did not want to have the business of selling parts in other countries really wanted to stay unique with the core business so I am sure that was a trade off for the price.

They are buying authentic Toyota parts for the grill and the badge and then machining/modifying them into the new front grill. The headlight buckets are bolt in, so i can only assume they are mold injected so the dies had to be creates so upfront cost, but depending on how they did it, they maybe paying high cost per piece to offset the cost of machining die's (instead of paying the cost of front). Also I believe the sell prices from the company is most likely higher because they really did not want to have the business of selling parts in other countries really wanted to stay unique with the core business so I am sure that was a trade off for the price.
I spoke directly with someone at FlexDream. From what I gather, they intend for this to be their custom look. It's not "supposed" to get around. That said... I've been toying with the idea of playing with some fiberglass, and modifying the bezel in our stock 98-05 headlights... but on the other hand I really love my projectors.

I spoke directly with someone at FlexDream. From what I gather, they intend for this to be their custom look. It's not "supposed" to get around. That said... I've been toying with the idea of playing with some fiberglass, and modifying the bezel in our stock 98-05 headlights... but on the other hand I really love my projectors.

This is correct, and I agree with FLEX. This kit should be reserved for full restorations and not mass reproduced and market saturated.
At this point I have no interest in selling the parts separately, only for a full vehicle. This market is neither interested nor willing to spend the amount that the manufacturer needs us to sell the parts for. Our selling price is simply what we pay, plus margin just like any other part.

As of making your own version, that is your choice. Living in the USA is about free will. There are many sources for raw materials and complete parts available. We ourselves have a great relationship with FLEX in doing business between Japan and the United States. We would not want to ruin our business relationship or personal friendship with them by copying their parts. I would just say that out of respect to any designer, if you decide to make aesthetic based parts, differentiate the design- make them so they are uniquely yours and not a copy of someone else.

Last edited:
I just want the grill with the TOYOTA logo, do they sell that?

I would just say that out of respect to any designer, if you decide to make aesthetic based parts, differentiate the design- make them so they are uniquely yours and not a copy of someone else.

No doubt, great advice for any cosmetic endeavor.

I think there maybe more demand than they realize and the lower costs options would be a great revenue stream. The people paying the big bucks will never even see the other 100s, they hang out in different places.

Sell headlight buckets and retro grills on the side.

Anyone can tell me what tire size to get that skinny tall look?

I really dig that tall skinny looks. Thx

Are there any skinnies taller than a 33?

Interco makes quite a few 36/37/38 x 10 x 16 And Michelin makes the, near impossible to find, 9.0 x 16 (36"x9" x16) XZL used by NATO. Anything much taller than 33" x 10" on UZJ100 will require some lift or thee will rub on full articulation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom