100 Series Nudge Bar ***Share Pics*** (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys,

After a 2 month search I finally was able to locate my favorite nudge bar in Sydney Australia.

Brought it back last night safe and sound and it looks awesome. Will be installing it over the weekend.

Share your pics please.

Landcruiser 100 Series

lcruiser_05.jpg

IMG_8736.jpg

Just out of curiosity - why did you go with the nudge bar route over a full front bumper? Those "nudge bars", bumper/grille guards, etc.. are often referred to as "damage multipliers". This is so because it does absolutely nothing in terms protection against frontal collision. It does the exact opposite. It multiplies the damages 10 fold and will actually be the cause of many other components breaking in the event of a collision. I'm not bashing on it or your decision to buy it at all because honestly I like the look of it, especially with the Land Cruiser etched on the front of it. Was it more of an aesthetic mod for you? Looking forward to hearing about the install with pictures!:cheers:

"I like the look of it, especially with the Land Cruiser etched on the front of it."

You got it - I am not worried about the accident, this baby is all about the looks. The front is actually not engraved but metal cut out of the center bar.

Goes in the oversized luggage counter for check-in :)

Just out of curiosity - why did you go with the nudge bar route over a full front bumper? Those "nudge bars", bumper/grille guards, etc.. are often referred to as "damage multipliers". This is so because it does absolutely nothing in terms protection against frontal collision. It does the exact opposite. It multiplies the damages 10 fold and will actually be the cause of many other components breaking in the event of a collision. I'm not bashing on it or your decision to buy it at all because honestly I like the look of it, especially with the Land Cruiser etched on the front of it. Was it more of an aesthetic mod for you? Looking forward to hearing about the install with pictures!:cheers:
How do I buy one of these.

Did that fit in the overhead bin?

How do I buy one of these

Looks cool. Aren't alot of 100s running these in the middle east?

The old 'bunny bar'! Reckon it'd look better powder coated black (along with the grill).

Whilst they do multiply damage, nudge bars are very light (much lighter than a aftermarket bumper) and useful if you need extra lights. They do lower ground clearance but if you don't do hardcore offroading but just drive on bad, unlit, roads at night they are quite good. They also act as a guard in cities where people are poor/careless at parking. So if you operate a Cruiser in much of the developing world a nudge bar isn't that bad an option!

These were produced in Australia early 2000s. I was able to locate 2 while searching gumtree - their auction website. Took me 2 months of search even then finding one was very hard. One sold to someone local. Try running search there for “x-track 100 series land cruiser nudge bar”.

alternately the other closet I was considering if I was not able to locate this was from TJM. They have a USA phone line and the guy told me they can get this one imported at a reasonable price.
You can do custom engraving at a local shop if needed but even without that it looks very nice. Shape is almost 95% similar, coming all the way to the top of the hood is what I like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom