10 years with the 60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

brian

SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.facebook.com
a week or so ago marks a decade that i've had my red wagon.
the evening it showed up. blown out shocks and broken leaves in 3/4 of the worn out packs, clutch ready to crap the bed, nothing in smog systems working, but still there, broken belts in the front tires and the list went on.....some of the best 1700 ever spent. we drove it home the 20 or so miles without fear, and it has never let me down...ever since.
fj60.JPG

Awesome :beer:

Get a current picture up you slacker ;)

:cheers:

a week or so ago marks a decade that i've had my red wagon.
the evening it showed up. blown out shocks and broken leaves in 3/4 of the worn out packs, clutch ready to **** the bed, nothing in smog systems working, but still there, broken belts in the front tires and the list went on.....some of the best 1700 ever spent. we drove it home the 20 or so miles without fear, and it has never let me down...ever since.

Not only a great piece of machinery but, still very nice looking rig Brian. Congrats on the decade mark.

J

a few weeks after it came home. now with a fresh clutch(still in it), new suspension(still on it), new...er(31s) and new wheels(both long gone).
more rust.
"new" wheels and new rubber.
fj60three.JPG
frame60rear.JPG
fj60eight.JPG

Good posts. I'm watching.

Thanks for this.

Nice red truck :rolleyes: I feel better with pictures of other owners rust somehow...

I have the HJ for a year but it certainly feels like ten years :grinpimp:

The longer I own these trucks I realize how good they are . I enjoy seeing yours, have fun. Mike

the ac was toast from the very beginning so out it came. i didn't like that the rad was now exposed to everything, so a piece of 10ga stainless perforated was used.
i like my spare inside, but not just laying around.
who does not like a header?
grillB.JPG
carrierB.JPG
bling.JPG

this is one of my favorite additions. it does not see rocks but it's a pig in the wet, so an auburn lsd that had been in stock for ages was buried deep with in it.
DSC00286.jpg
float.jpg

oneton.jpg

They grow on you, don't they?

This month marks my 25th anniversary.

WHile my 60 is slow and thirsty, I can depend upon it and know every squeek (there are very few) and groan. It is well built for all that time on the road.

They do grow on you.

I like headers too.

I've had mine now since I was 16. My Dad has been putting up with it since 1984. I don't think he doubts it's the best vehicle he has ever purchased.

Show-off with your full-floater! I like your rocker chop a lot. I'd do that if I had major rust.

More photos please. I'm coming up on the 10th anniversary of my 62. I've also trashed the AC.

Threads like this makes me appreciate my diamond in all the roughness lol..

other than the driver's seat having the typical blow out(which i did, it was perfect when i got it) the interior is all there in all of it's oem goodness. a little dirty, a little worn but unmolested.
i did pull the cargo carpet and out rubber down though.
front.JPG
rear.jpg
IMAG0273-1.jpg

Nice !! makes me feel better about mine, Its rust free but has engine issues and i believe it should have quit along time ago, but it just keeps running ! Love that full floater !

two more years later and still going.
found an old school arb for it last winter. painted the grill and head light doors last summer. the pix didn't show it well, but the lower tailgate was pretty rusty on the bottom edge mainly on the inner side. i was able to find a clean red lower tail gate from texas that seamlessly matches the rest of the paint. half assidly looking for red front doors for it, both as going south on the lower edge ps in the back ds on the leading edge.
the drivers seat reached the end so it was replaced with a ps bottom. i did a compression test on it earlier this summer, numbers close on all six but a little lower than i was hoping. it runs good, not as strong as it once was. nothing is being planned at this point for either a rebuild or replacement mill.

jan14bumperB.jpg

aug13.jpg

seat.jpg

seatother.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom