10 years with the 60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Pretty much have it ready to go.
There really isn't much to fasten to it prior to getting it under the body.

20191226_081650.jpg

I did find this tucked away in the front crossmember.

20200111_083355.jpg

20200111_083535.jpg

Last edited:
I commend you on the enormous amount of effort to get on a new frame. I had a similar case of frame rust from the rear axle backwards where it opens up to a C channel instead of box, and I cut it right there and built a new rear frame and joined the two right there under the truck. Not sure it was the easiest way about it, but didn't have a spare frame in 2009, just a bunch of box tubing. Ended up with something bulletproof though so it ended up good. Makes me rust paranoid now, blowing out the frame and spraying underbody all over it every summer when it dries out fully. good luck and nice rig!

finally got around to getting a rivet nut setup in order to finish modification to the frame....it has the holes for the manual trans splash plate...but no threads.
all i needed to do was open the existing ~3/8" holes to 7/16".

mar20a.jpg

mar20c.jpg

mar20d.jpg

mar20e.jpg

mar20f.jpg

Tryed to burn up the fj60 this afternoon.
Its been sitting, awaiting its frame replacement , so I decided to fire it up just to exercise the mill a bit. The battery was weak but had enough to turn it over....but no fire..odd. popped the hood, no fuel in the carb sight glass..weird...but has been about 2months since it last ran. Nothing to do but crank it till the bowl fills...battery now flat.
So over comes the 75 and out with the jump cables....a few moments later and after more cranking , it rumbles into life like an old pratt and whitney radial....the problem being the 5/16" rubber fuel line off the pump now spraying gas all over the battery, alternator and distributor...guess it doesn't need to run that much after all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom