1 cookie pan + 1 air pump - 1 old heater = on board air! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

wantatlc said:
something people should know about these pumps. the coupling set-up on the pump is propritary to them. that is, the quick connect coming out of the pump is not a universal one you can buy all tools and hoses for. the connect on the tool end of the hose is a tire fill screw on tool only. so, their coupler to the pump end and the connection out of the pump is their 1 of a kind size. Also, the hose is only about 16 feet and pretty narrow. this sucks as you cannot hook any air hose or tools up to the pump that you have already. which you cannot do anyway as the tool end is only a non-removable tire attachement.

POINT is, what you need to do is cut off the propritary hose end/coupler they have on their hose (attached to that black rubber lead hose) and splice it into a longer, 1/4 standard hose. this way, you get a bigger, longer hose AND you can then use any tools with a regular 1/4 quick couple. then, you cut off the other tire pump end and attach a male coupler end to it and make it a seperate tool.

so, when I got the pump, I bought this 20 piece kit that had longer bigger hose, bunch of tools, splice pieces, couplers, etc. so I could rig up the pump to run more than just their tire tool and attach more universal fittings and tools.

you can just cut the black hose and stick a barb in it and have any size couplpe to it you want.

REVIVED!

Just curious as to how has this has held up over the past year.

I logged on real quick to let people know this EXACT pump I have and reccomend has now surfaced for sale at my local SoCal Costco.. that means it may be in yours.. they were hard to find and going away, but there were a hundred at my Costco as of yesterday...

as for the ? about it holding up.... it has been awsome! been using it ever since, in the engine bay, no issues, still works like I just installed it.

Is that the same item that I am looking at on Costco.com: http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11196210&search=air&Sp=S&Mo=2&cm_re=1-_-Top_Left_Nav-_-Top_search&Nr=P_CatalogName:BC&Ns=P_Price|1||P_SignDesc1&N=4001192&whse=BC&Dx=mode+matchallpartial&Ntk=All&Dr=P_CatalogName:BC&Ne=4000000&D=air&Ntt=air&No=0&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Nty=1&topnav=&s=1

if that link doesn't work it is item #173692, $39.99; "Cyclone High Volume Portable Air Compressor", claiming 150psi max and 30 liters/min.

Is that the same item that I am looking at on Costco.com: http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11196210&search=air&Sp=S&Mo=2&cm_re=1-_-Top_Left_Nav-_-Top_search&Nr=P_CatalogName:BC&Ns=P_Price|1||P_SignDesc1&N=4001192&whse=BC&Dx=mode+matchallpartial&Ntk=All&Dr=P_CatalogName:BC&Ne=4000000&D=air&Ntt=air&No=0&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Nty=1&topnav=&s=1

if that link doesn't work it is item #173692, $39.99; "Cyclone High Volume Portable Air Compressor", claiming 150psi max and 30 liters/min.

No, that's not it. This is the compressor:

Edit: Or just look at the first post. :D

mods 009 (Small).jpg

if it gets to hot what about mounting a used perc lbower

Costco item is model ms-1054

Bought one of these compressors at costco. Looked at the one at pepboys. The difference is pepboys is a model ms-1050 and makes no claim of duty cycle. Costco model claims 100% duty cycle @ 73 degrees. Costco one is 45.99. Box has picture of women airing up fj40 right rear mud tire. Check it out.

I mounted one under the hood of my 80 series by drilling a hole through the rubber feet and bolting through that with a washer on the head. It gives a little less vibration into the truck and it was easy to do.
on board air 003.jpg

this post is old.. but here goes..
I didn't see anything at costco here in O.C. today. They had a huge set-up, including tank, but not this small one. Do these still exist? Anything better now? Why no tank? Do you have a dual-battery?

Im in the east coast and I still see them at Pep boys all the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom