1" Bora Spacer Install (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey thanks a lot for documenting this @prwillard2 very helpful! I’m considering the same setup based off your posts. Is the rubbing your seeing on the stock suspension? I have a 2” Dobinsons lift, I am not sure if that might alter the geometry favorably
I have front OEM spring spacers installed. Other than that, I am completely stock.

Here are the 0.75" Bora spacers on a 2016, and they did not require cutting of studs or any modification to fit. They have been on the truck since April 2019 with zero issues, and I would have never installed if they required any modification.

AM-JKLVibyySWAhOkYlxuU1MER6otUWa1FdbV2fRTMJmnfmWE9FeXk5HAWb8G6PypH-wwKgERGntRF9n9-fMsSkG7UmeBzkAfvhcjUTb5CkzDU_bkU83Jy3AUoghogW8sieXkwglw-UPqHmmlvpY_EgxNCoLnw=w703-h937-no
Thanks for sharing this, can you confirm this is with stock oem wheels? did they still cause rubbing? what size tires?

Just finally opened the box with my new 1" Bora spacers. They look awesome (and yes, they do come with the nuts already on the studs).

That said, I wasn't expecting to get two different designs in my order - the set on the left has "standard" / "expected" style hub centric flange (or whatever it's called), while the set on the right has a "toothed" style flange.
3F9E578E-C9B1-4054-8857-9EF53F41C9D5_1_105_c.jpeg

Is this what others have received and used? Is there some difference between the LC200 hubs front and rear that necessitates the two different styles? Which ones go on the front vs. the rear?

Just finally opened the box with my new 1" Bora spacers. They look awesome (and yes, they do come with the nuts already on the studs).

That said, I wasn't expecting to get two different designs in my order - the set on the left has "standard" / "expected" style hub centric flange (or whatever it's called), while the set on the right has a "toothed" style flange.View attachment 2788776

Is this what others have received and used? Is there some difference between the LC200 hubs front and rear that necessitates the two different styles? Which ones go on the front vs. the rear?
I have .75 Boras and they look like the one on the left, all four.

Regarding previous posts on cutting studs… I had no issues at all running .75 on stock 2018 LC wheels. Switched over to TRD BBS wheels and also zero issues and no trimming of studs was required.

That said, I wasn't expecting to get two different designs in my order - the set on the left has "standard" / "expected" style hub centric flange (or whatever it's called), while the set on the right has a "toothed" style flange.View attachment 2788776

Looks like you received 100 series spacers. Check your order.

To be clear, the 1" spacers will work with your winter wheels. The 3/4" spacers are the ones that require stud trimming on OEM Toyota wheels.

That is a false statement.

3/4" works fine with OEM wheels and does NOT require ANY trimming.

Many of us on here run that setup using 3/4" spacers including myself with OEM wheels and it does not require any trimming.

The bora 3/4" spacer for the 200 looks like this. Not split pattern.
Note the single piece.

bora-5.JPG

I have .75 Boras and they look like the one on the left, all four.

Looks like you received 100 series spacers. Check your order.

The bora 3/4" spacer for the 200 looks like this. Not split pattern.
Note the single piece.

View attachment 2790017

Ruh roh. Looks like I somehow got shipped one set of the correct spacers, and one set of...something else. No packing slip in the box itself. I just emailed the folks in Nevada at Motorsport Tech with the photo and the info from my invoice. Stay tuned....

I’ll delete my post if you all feel it is misinformation. What I did was mark the end of my OEM lug studs and mount my 2020 standard LC wheel to a 2013 LC. Then I unmounted the wheel to see if the mark transferred, indicating the studs were making contact with the “pocket”. What I found was not only did the mark transfer, but there was a circular indentation in the wheel pocket from the contact and pressure. Which looked to me like the wheel would be pressing against the ends of the OEM studs and I would have no way to ensure the wheel was sitting flat against the hub/spacer. So I uninstalled them. I wonder if you take your wheel off if you will see evidence that your wheel studs are contacting the rim. Or maybe my situation was unique to mounting standard (base) OEM 2020 LC rims into a 2013 cruiser. My wheels do have the recess in that spot. But there was enough contact to make a clear indentation when torqued down.
Was that with 3/4” or 1” spacers?

1" definitely works on most wheels. A bunch of guys on this thread will swear to you that 3/4" works as well. Its up to y'all

I’ll also add to the list 0.75” BORA spacers front and back on 2009 LX, factory wheels. Fit is fine no modifications for the spacers.

This is very confusing. Bora told me the 3/4" studs would need to be trimmed for stock wheel fitment, as have several members here that run them. Others say they fit fine. Mine have gone back to Bora for inspection but in an attempt to install it appeared they would definitely need to be trimmed to fit properly.

This is very confusing. Bora told me the 3/4" studs would need to be trimmed for stock wheel fitment, as have several members here that run them. Others say they fit fine. Mine have gone back to Bora for inspection but in an attempt to install it appeared they would definitely need to be trimmed to fit properly.

The spacer is used to move the tire so it clears the KDSS mount on the driver side front wheel well.

The 3/4" through 1.25" spacers can be used.

The 3/4" spacers are perfect for 33" to 34" tires and the studs do stick out a little, "but" If you are running OEM wheels there is no need to trim the studs. There are dimples in the OEM wheels and the OEM studs fit inside the dimples.

If you are running some aftermarket wheel that does not have these dimples, then you would need to either trim the stubs or get a thicker spacer like the 1.25".

As you progress to larger spacers than 3/4" the sweep on the tire moves closer to the front mud flap and further away from the KDSS mount on the front driver side wheel well.

For 34" tires or less the 3/4" is the minimum spacer needed to clear the 34" tire from the KDSS and you do need to heat up and re-shape the front mud flaps, or remove them.

If you go to say 35" tires the spacer goes to 1.25" and the KDSS needs to be moved (relocated on LC200's) and most folks also trim the body mount by the front mud flap and totally remove the front mud flap. There are also more things needed but I'll not get into that here. LX's don't have the KDSS issue.

There is a thread called 34" vs 35" tires which has an excellent write up on the spacers needed (with pictures) and other mods.

Very odd inner ring on the right in photo… They should all be identical (like the one on the left). I think they must have goofed.

Update - after some email back and forth (including pictures of the RF hub on my LC) with Motorsports Tech, they're making up a new correct set of spacers (non toothed) for the front, and will have me send the toothed set back to them on their dime.

This is likely for the 100-series that has a large diameter front drive flange/nuts that need the toothed clearance at the hub flange. Will not be an issue to use for the 200-series but that's why it exists. When adding spacers to my brothers LX470, we had to grind those clearances into the hub flange. Good to hear their taking care of you just the same.

What did you fill the stud holes with and why? Makes servicing them a lot of work. You should also be checking torque on those at regular intervals.
The picture you quoted is the factory hub. There is no spacer in this photo.

Yes, I know you check the torque on them. I checked them after 500 miles of install, and will check them again with every tire rotation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom