1/2, 3/4 tub from Eshan, anyone interested? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Threads
Hey guys, I've been talking to Eshan about the possiblity of getting him to make some 1/2 and or 3/4 tubs, so now Im wanting to see if theres enought interest to make it worth it, it would have to be a group order due to shipping to make it worth it.

So is anyone out there interested? I know the big thing will be the cost of each unit, unit price will be tied to the number that would be ordered, so need to see if theres enought of a demand to make it worth while, Let me know what you think and I'll add more info as I get it.

Cheers
Graham

It costs around $850 to ship an Aqualu tub from Vancouver to CT.
The cost from Pakistan to US would be the limiting factor. Plus damage to the tub and also all of the unrest in Paki. Big risk.

I'd be interested in a tub for my 72 FJ40. Tho depends on cost,
how long it would take, etc. Let me know what you find, mrmouse88.
Thanks for looking into it.

-Phrog

It costs around $850 to ship an Aqualu tub from Vancouver to CT.
The cost from Pakistan to US would be the limiting factor. Plus damage to the tub and also all of the unrest in Paki. Big risk.
Bet it's still cheaper than the $8500 CCOT is charging for Paul's Heritage tubs ... and people get tops/doors/tailgates from Eshan all the time ;)

Tucker

I'd be interested if the cost with shipping were at or below the 2.5-3.5k mark. Thats for a 3/4 tub, $1500 - 2k for a 1/2.

I would also expect the tubs to be constructed of a high quality metal (ie resistant to rust)

the main issue would be time however...

HI everyone,
Why don't you guys bring Ehsan to the US and let hem work away?
You will save a lot of $$$.
Vic

Last edited:
Something tells me the shipping might get a bit pricey on this deal............but if a 3/4 tub is in aqualu land price range and it's STEEL, count me in.

I'd be interested in just the rear floorboard portion, if that's possible. No wheel wells or anything else necessary. I remember seeing a recent thread in which Ehsan's crew was hammering one out. Again, quality and pricing are key. Timing, no so much. It's not an emergency.

I would be interested in a 3/4 tub for a 75, but this is with the above mentioned issues of steel grade, shipping cost, and quality of fitment. I am all for spending less money if able, but for good steel I would pay up to aqualu price. The fitment issue would be a concern for me as from what I heard the Heritage tub was identical to original in most details. I don't want to be dealing with holes that are mis-aligned or missing.

Interested.. steel thickness, shipping etc... big factors.

Thanks
Bx

So Ehsan says that the tubs, fenders and what not are made out of 18 gauge, but has not said what grade yet, he has also said that he makes all body parts for the FJ40 and he will be getting some pics for me to post up shortly.

I'll add more as I get it

Cheers
Graham

How about starting out with something smaller like quarter panels.

1. It would give us over here a chance to check out quality and fit of body panels.
2. Shipping fenders would be comparable to shipping tops.
3. If all goes well, move onto tubs.

Just my 2 c.

Personally I like working with people over seas. I have traveled to India, and work online with a 3d group over there. The more we all work on projects together, the more we understand. Sorry, blabing, must be drinking again.:beer::beer::beer:

How about starting out with something smaller like quarter panels.

1. It would give us over here a chance to check out quality and fit of body panels.
2. Shipping fenders would be comparable to shipping tops.
3. If all goes well, move onto tubs.

Just my 2 c.

Personally I like working with people over seas. I have traveled to India, and work online with a 3d group over there. The more we all work on projects together, the more we understand. Sorry, blabing, must be drinking again.:beer::beer::beer:

Hey FJ40_73, I agree with totally, but I know that guys have been bringing in Ehsan's soft tops and I havent seen a real complaint about them yet, I have only really seen complements. but I have been thinking about how to go about it for getting a few parts over here first, just as that last bit of proof to make everyone happy. I also agree with you totally on working with people over seas.

Hey so Ehsan sent me a few pics, so here they are:
photo1.jpg
photo2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom