CV axle recommendation (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

guy posts pictures, other guy points out flaws with nothing good to say.
do no harm. lol.
Some people just choose to be negative online cause they can hide behind the keyboard/internet and there is little to no repercussions.

As you pointed out with his own words he has proven himself to be a hypocrite. .... 🥳

But to follow up to my post. I did a warranty exchange and got a new CV axle from AutoZone and have temporarily installed it. Unfortunately around 65 70ish I do have a vibration. It could be that the grease is not fully equal inside the boots causing a vibration but that would rectify itself after a little while driving. I'm going to drop my skid plates again and check my drive shafts cuz it's possible I could have had a u-joint failure on the drive shafts. I did also go to Toyota and get a new set of boots because I have an OEM Axel I was saving as a spare that also had a ripped boot. So I'm going to replace the boots on the OEM axle install it to the Land Cruiser at the same time checking for u-joints that could be failing. With the OEM axle reinstalled I'll go for a test drive and if my vibration goes away that tells me the 4 u-joints on the drive shafts are fine.

With my new CV boots I got multiple different packages of grease and I when I asked what grease goes where nobody at the dealership even the service techs couldn't find anything ... And asking two or three different people only yielded me multiple methods.

Yes I have searched around on this site but I still am unable to find a definite answer on to what goes where.

IMG_20231228_173613.jpg

From Cruisertec boot kit:

Includes:​

• CV Boot Kit (Fits Left Hand or Right Hand Applications, One Required Per Side)
  • 1 x Inner CV Boot & Clamps
  • 1 x 240g of Grease for Inner CV Boot (110g + 130g tubes)
  • 1 x Inner CV Joint Setting Snap Ring (Differential Side)
  • 1 x Inner CV Joint Set Snap Ring
  • 1 x Inner Shaft Inner Snap Ring
  • 1 x Outer CV Boot & Clamps
  • 1 x 300g of Grease for Outer CV Boot (150g + 150g tubes)
The two smaller tubes are inner boot, larger tubes are outer.

Please double check in case I’m wrong, but when I did the reboot I had the correct info on where to use each pack of grease. Sadly i can’t recall the source of that info.
Maybe it’s in the package, or the fsm, or here. But it made sense, it’s the **************.

Edited after seeing previous post, and I guess I was wrong.. which it’s usually the case.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom