TBI / EPROM finally complete (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
About two weeks ago, I got tired of playing with my EPROM on my TBI converted 2F engine. It ran with the chip that was in the ECM, but not well. Since my conversion was so cheap, I decided to splurge and take the thing to have it professionally tuned.

I took it over to Lundstedt Automotive in Fort Collins, CO. They have a DYNO and all the tuning equipment, and Garry was very helpful... and put up with a lot of nonsense while I tried to get him to use fuel tables, spark tables, etc. that I already had.

Anyway, he kept my FJ40 for a couple of days and then called me up... and the thing runs beautifully! It's never run better. John from Coytote Cruisers took it for a drive and said that it's one of the best running (Stock 2F) cruisers that he's ever driven, and he's driven a lot.

I'm doing a little work on the wiring at the moment, but as soon as I get a chance, I'm going to check and see how many MPGs it gets now... I suspect it will be a vast improvement over my carbed setup. I was only getting about 9 mpg before I did the conversion because my carb was running so rich... can't wait to see what I get now.

So, that is all to say, if you have a TBI conversion that isn't running well, Lundstedt is a good option. Costs a few hundred bucks (might cost less now that he's tuned mine) but it's well worth it. And if you're thinking about doing a TBI conversion, I would highly recommend it.

- Matt

I still have some work to do before I start driving it around... the rear brakes need to be replaced, and I have a little electrical problem, and I have the seats out while I'm de-rusting the brackets.... and several other little things. With any luck, I should be able to get it all together again next weekend, but probably not by Thursday. When the next meeting after that?

- Matt

Barry, not from me, I'm afraid. I don't have an EPROM burner anymore, so I can't read it.

- Matt

That would be a GREAT thing to snag and post in the FAQ!!!

SOMEONE has to have one near you who could read it?!?!

Congrats, BTW.

Chip

AnthroCruiser,
I will not be able to get my Cruiser to Lundstedt since I live in Canada. Could you ask them if they would burn you a spare chip?
Thanks,
Gavin

i would like a burned spare chip too. were you able to get anywhere with that? it seems like easy money to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom