Front Axles (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
When putting axle back in birf (after mini truck disk brake upgrade) does this normally take a little coaxing. Lined the splines up, but doesn't just slide back together. Don't think I have any burs on spines to prevent them from mating back up. Does this usually take a little pounding with a dead blow hammer?

Also, the C-clip (that breaks during removal) I'm guessing it goes all the way in to the birf and pops out on the back side of the spined inner shaft. That determines how far the the axle goes in to the birf, correct?

The big C clip is the limiter for how far the axle goes in.

If you just hit it you'll damage the axle - problem is the (small) c-clip is not self centreing.

What I do is clean the grease out of the centre, push the axle in until the c-clip starts into the tapered section, then get a small screwdriver and (while gently applying pressure tot he axle) poke the c-clip into the slot in the axle all the way around until it-s centred. at this point a gentle tap on the end of the axle will push it home.

Hitting it before the clip is centred will burr over the edges of the slot in the axle (BTDT!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom