JIS Bolt Supplier? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I know you can buy from Spector, but they are too expensive. If I could find the toyota part number that Spector is using for their bulk bolts I would use Toyota, but I have had no luck finding the numbers. So, what I would like is to find a bulk bolt supplier that sell JIS(besides flange bolts). I have called and searched everywhere I know, and I have come up with nothing. Please help, I hate to go with the 13mm head, but I guess I may have to.

Thanks
Scott

I have ordered and purchased lots of OEM-spec hardware from my dealer. They sell them 10 in a pack. Your dealer must suck, 'cuz mine has no problem getting them for me. Maybe try C-Dan, or download the EPC and look up the part numbers yourself.

I can order from my dealer, but every bolt has a different part number and price. If a person does not know the cheapest bolt to buy they would end up paying more than Spector's price.

Follow your link and see what comes up. Nothing but flange bolts are available, and this is at every bolt distributors I have contacted/called. I wouldn't mind using flange bolts, but I am not sure what bolt grade is.

I guess I should have clarified. I have done a significant amount of research and I have not found a regular JIS hex head bolt at any bolt supply shop, and I havn't been able to find a part number for a bolt from Toyota that would be any cheaper than ordering from Spector. I have had my Toyota parts guy doing some research, but we never found a real reasonably priced bolt. I have a pretty good lead on the 6X1.0, but not the 8x1.25

Thanks
Scott

I agree, I would love to find a source where I could purchase a bulk kit of varied bolts from, it would be easier to have a lot of hardware on hand rather than always having to go out and find the perfect ones. I wonder if a local hardware store could order something like this for you? these guys must know where the best sources are.

Noah

there is one, I had the bookmark and lost it, search the LCML for JIS fasteners, and there is a thread with some good sources

I have actually called nutsandbolt.com and they have no way of sourcing a standard JIS hex head bolt. I have tried McMasterCarr, as well as others and I keep getting the same answer. I will give Wurth a call tomorrow, that is someone I haven't contacted yet. I think Fuller Metric may have them, I was looking for a Canadian company and couldn't find one. I will make some calls tomorrow and I will post what I find out.

Thanks
Scott

Well, here is what I found out. Wurth and Fullermetric both have the bolts in grade 8.8. I decided to order mine from Wurth because they ship out of Reno and I will have them in one to two days. The only problem I can see ordering from Wurth is that you have to order quantity. I decided to order 30 8X1.25X25 8.8(same as grade 5 standard). The price per bolt for 30 came to .36 cents a piece. If I ordered 60 the price was .32 cents a piece. the price for shipping was an additional $2.00. I was going to purchase lock washers and washers as well, but the minium order for each of them was 120.

Thanks for the help, and if anyone else has anymore info, please post. I would really like to find a relatively inexpensive Toyota 8mm bolt, but what you guys have helped me find will work out great for now.

Thanks
Scott

Last edited:
I've had trouble finding them, too. I found it's just easier to go to a junkyard and pull them from a Toyota. Most yards don't charge for a handful of bolts.

No JIS at the Bolt Depot.

Great idea on the junk yards, next time I am out there I am going to start stripping bolts.

Thanks
Scott

I think AATLAS1X has a bunch of them. He posted pics of bins full of nice cad plated JIS bolts.

Ed

Trevor said:
I found it's just easier to go to a junkyard and pull them from a Toyota. Most yards don't charge for a handful of bolts.

Thats what i do.. i love the pick and pull.. Newer toyotas have almost perfect oem bolts, just pull them out and they are yours..

Degnol said:
I think AATLAS1X has a bunch of them. He posted pics of bins full of nice cad plated JIS bolts.

Ed

He has some stuff up on eBay right now :)

Not sure if those are the bolts being mentioned (I'm a mental midget when it comes to this stuff :frown:) but he is a great guy and we need to support him and his recent purchase :D

Coolerman said:
I just Googled JIS metric and came up with many vendors that sell JIS hardware.

Try this one :http://www.nutsandbolts.com/jis.html

I went through this a couple of months ago. Nuts and Bols Depot only has flanged bolts.

I really wanted yellow cad JIS but just couldn't find it easily. A local supplier was able to get me a bunch of yellow zinc 8.8 6x1.0 and 8x1.25. Also was able to order a bunch of yellow zinc 10.9 in 8mm from Grainger.com. Fastenal also lists 10.9 in yellow zinc but has been a PITA and still hasn't completed the order after at least 2 months.

Waorani,

So were the bolts from Grainger JIS? I have searched their website and they don't show anything. I also called Fastenall and they couldn't even source a JIS bolt, where are you located?

Sorry, could have been a little clearer. Meant to say I gave up on finding yellow JIS hardware. The yellow zinc stuff I got from Grainger was standard metric stuff with the slightly larger heads (e.g., 8mm has 13mm head instead of the 12mm JIS.

Fastenal had some of the same stuff as Grainger but after I tried to order online - I found out that your order simply gets sent to your local store for filling. Then they have to source what you ordered from other Fastenal stores. Fastenal's online ordering also allows you to order in quantities as low as 1 but there is no quantity discount. My local store told me to come to them directly next time I wanted something and they could give me better prices and order in quantity. However, given their apparently screwy system and since they haven't yet been able to fill my original order - I've pretty much written them off.

Here's a pic of some of the Grainger 10.9 8mm bolts on my rebuilt transfer case top plate.

ranger%20010.jpg

Thanks for the clarification. I have dealt with Fastenall before and I am with you, I don't think I will deal with them again.

BTW, nice t-case

Scott

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom