slee 2.5 medium lift kit for 100 series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have Slee heavies in the rear with Slee front and rear bumpers. Empty it measures 21 inches from center front hub to fender and 22.5 in the rear.

that was beautiful, indeed very helpful

measure rear and deduct 1.5 should give me starting point for front

and just make sure i have at least 60mm droop 60mm=2.36 inches or 2.5 droop

droop is difference between wheeels on ground and wheels off ground

i once saw an adjustment tutorial for the t-bars

any tips?

thanks and i really appreciate that explaination

+1 props to you my friend

triskelion said:
christo, here is the recent pics with 285/75

my question is

what is baseline measurement for the front?

fender to center hub

there has to be a range after all the r and d and actual real world applications

its a straightforward question

or maybe other people with the 2.5 medium kit would like to share the measurements they have now with the stock bumper

thanks!

That is really stinky.
I think you need to crank the fronts or put your rear bumper on....
That isn't going to "level out after a few days"

You plannin on gettin a front bumper and winch? May want to wait and make adjustments afterwards.

I have arb's front and back with swing out tire carrier and OME Slee 2.5" heavy lift kit. I'm sitting at 22" all the way around. No winch yet.

image-1560291583.jpg
image-1560291583.jpg

On average, we set the front up at 540-550mm.

Christo - on a rig with no rear bumper, would you expect the Slee 2.5" heavy springs to sit lower than the OME860s?

I'm planning a rear bumper in the near future and will likely swap out my 860s for your 2.5" heavies assuming they sit equal to or lower than the 860s.

wesome response and feedback on this thread

very informative and a lot of questions and answers as well

no doubt the t bar is trickier than a spring lift on all 4 corners

awesome support fron christo as well, im happy with his much support on here

540mm-550mm

21.26-21.65

awesome

i was thinking on cranking t bars all the way and loosening it and counting the revolutions as to give newbies a good starting point, not an exact science but at least a good starting reference point

has anyone done this?

and will make installation and setup 10x easier

Most of this has been covered in numerous threads. But, I cant remember if it is all in the one tbar thread in the FAQ. It once had a lot of great pictures. But, I think they are gone now. The written part is still there. FWIW, what may take you 6 turns for 1", may only be 4 turns for another. It isn't exact...

Have you read the FAQ threads yet?

Just for reference, I'm at 21.5 in the front and 22.5 in the back with 865s and stock bumpers. The lean is barely noticeable and the ride is great

I am having the same issue. Just had the same thing done and now unhappy that the rear sits so high. The problem is.. the front can only go up so far and still maintain the 2"+ of travel needed for bumps. I have been told the rear will settle some after 1000+ miles and then some more in 4-5 yrs. Waiting 4+ yrs is not a good solution to the bad looking stance. I read countless threads and how to's before my install and never read where this is what to expect. Let me know if you find a solution, as of now I wish I had but in a rear spacer with the stock springs.

i measure 23 in the rear fender to center of wheel hub
i think thats expected

20 1/4 in the front as measured with the ome t-bars

stock height back is higher 1.5 than front

so 2.5 all around should give me

back 23-1.5=21.5 in front

and is thats the case 21.5 should give me more than enough droop as recommended by christo

back to the shop today with that info

front 21.5
rear 23.0 (not adjustable)

hopefully im understanding and applying this properly

Looks sweet man. Nice balance front<>rear. Looks like 4" taller than the stocker :)

I am trying to decide on medium or heavy myself. My Jeep was at almost 6" of lift when I put the suspension on it, now after 4 years of serious abuse and hauling recovery gear etc, the springs are only about 2.5" over stock.

I do tow with the Hundy, and I use it to haul mulch and things for the house. So I am wondering over time if the mediums might not hold up to being used like that.

Of course there are always spacers...

Great ride man! Thanks for the pics.

Hey everyone,

I'm thinking about going with the 2.5 medium kit from slee as well. Given the measurements that triskelion gave (the stance he has is EXACTLY what I am looking for) does this actually raise the overall height of the truck by 4 inches? I'm thinking about getting in and out of my garage. I'm also running 33's.

I'd think around ~3" with 285's? I'm learning too and hoping to get corrected if I'm wrong. Pull your hundy midway to the opening of the garage, measure the gap and go from there. That's what I need to do, because my oem rack taps the door. Of course, the door is all busted up and needs help.
It's on the list of to do's.

My garage door opening is 82.5 inches. Can anyone tell me what their rigs are running, height wise with a 2.5 inch lift and 33's?

Just measured mine- '06 with Slee rear bumper with dual swingouts and a Slee front blueberry bumper with winch. Removed the Outback drawers. Slee put the heavy load 2.5" lift with Heavy rear coil springs, OME 60000Sport Shock Comfort shock in front and 60002 shock in the rear and diff drop kit in. Running 275/70/18 Nitto Terra Grapplers with about 20,000 miles on them. With the stock rack, it comes in at 80.5" -81" with 3/4 of a tank of gas.

Great, thank you gentlemen. At least I know it should still fit in the garage, and if it's close I will just pull off the stock roof rack. I want a Gamviti rack anyway, and I know those are a bit lower than the stock one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom