slee 2.5 medium lift kit for 100 series (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
had my trusted shop install

slee 2.5 medium kit
2 x OME860 Rear Coil Springs
2 x Old Man Emu 60000 Shocks
2 x Old Man Emu 60002 Shocks
2 x Old Man Emu Torsion Bars
1 x Slee Diff Drop Kit

now she sits like this

any thoughts?

normal?

is back or front sitting too high or low?

im sure someone here has the same kit installed and can chime in on their first day with the lift

thanks guys

285/75 going on tonight or tomorrow

ok so rear is up way high

cool

maybe i shouldve went with the 2.5 front 1.5 rear

i was debating that

but i was looking to get a rear swing out in the near future

getting all fluids changed and a complete tune up service as we speak

any thoughts on the rear after the swing out?

I have the Slee OME 2.5 heavy kit going on now, expecting the same stink bug look but I don't mine.

Im with 860s and I am near level. Its what you prefer I suppose, factored in with droop.

I have the same kit on mine. The medium kit was designed to carry a little more weight than factory. The rear will ride a little high and be on the firm side until you install a swing out or drawers or whatever in the back

Not yet. My BIOR rear is currently in-transit. Should have it bolted up by the end of the week.

Sorry, didn't see your quote. Not my question.

Last edited:
Want to sell your stock suspension? I'm looking for stock non ahc components.

Looks good btw. A swingout should help.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using IH8MUD

triskelion said:
do you have a swingout or weight in back?

Yea I'm an idiot. I forgot I had the tire swing out and rear bumper only for weight. That would matter obviously.

no apologies mr dobie

rear swingout is awesome

mr grego,
how long did you have to wait from order date to delivery for the bior rear

im not so good at waiting lol

i

Want to sell your stock suspension? I'm looking for stock non ahc components.

Looks good btw. A swingout should help.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using IH8MUD

aloha

pm sent

suspension came off great no rust issues

thanks

mr grego,
how long did you have to wait from order date to delivery for the bior rear

im not so good at waiting lol

If it arrives this week it will have taken about three weeks. Mike was great about communicating and getting it built and shipped when he said he would.

the rake you're seeing is pretty much normal for ANY rig that gets lifted with brand new springs (coil or leaf) simply because they aren't broken in yet and haven't settled to their normal height. if you raise the front now, in a couple thousand miles you'll probably be wanting to lower it back down a tad. i would drive around with some weight in the back to break them in faster before lifting the front too much.

Is this on a 100 serie or a LX470?

If it is for a LX, is the 2.5" lift over the normal setting?

had my trusted shop install

slee 2.5 medium kit
2 x OME860 Rear Coil Springs
2 x Old Man Emu 60000 Shocks
2 x Old Man Emu 60002 Shocks
2 x Old Man Emu Torsion Bars
1 x Slee Diff Drop Kit

now she sits like this

any thoughts?

normal?

is back or front sitting too high or low?

im sure someone here has the same kit installed and can chime in on their first day with the lift

thanks guys

Without having a measurement for the front I can't comment on the front height. However the rear is probably where it will be. They normally go down a little after some miles. If this photo was taken directly after pulling it off the lift, then yes, that is what is to be expected.

The 2.5" lifts we sell can't be set up to be level without compromising front droop. Also, unfortunately people want a number assigned to a lift. It is very rare that a lift will be the exact amount front and rear, yet we have to call it something. So the numbers we give is normally an average between the front and rear.

The OME2860 is a compliant but fairly tall spring, however it works really well on the 100 when people what decent load carrying when camping etc, yet they want it unloaded with a decent ride during the week. If you want it level, then we have to start going with a smaller lift and that is why we termed the 1.5" lift. That one can be set up to be level, however you run the risk of looking like a hyena when loaded.

FWIW, we have also updated our site to now have 100 series install instructions with the droop measurement explained.

See http://www.sleeoffroad.com/installation/UZJ100_Suspension_Install.pdf

Last edited:
F80891B0-3A37-4F91-84B0-26D708040F58-5649-000004E1C5EA32AE.jpg

christo, here is the recent pics with 285/75

my question is

what is baseline measurement for the front?

fender to center hub

there has to be a range after all the r and d and actual real world applications

its a straightforward question

or maybe other people with the 2.5 medium kit would like to share the measurements they have now with the stock bumper

thanks!

its a straightforward question

Unfortunately it really isnt as straight forward of an answer. If I still had that setup I would give you my numbers. But, seeing I dont, here are some basics.

You want to maintain a minimum of 60mm of droop in the front no matter what. If you dont it will affect handling.

Next, these trucks really want the back to be about 1-1.5" higher in the rear.

So, measure your rear, subtract 1-1.5" from the rear and you will have the ideal number for the front. If setting that number, just make sure you have the 60mm of droop or more.

Hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom