LC 250 & GX550 Picture Thread (52 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I saw my first GX550 in person and even got to park next to it for comparison.

AP1GczMlDJaK4rpA8g-c5dPT54sXeYXnprGU_4uqt-MZPQzLJf4cSZWwWuJOL3vSlEECPuWZzu51QyU7ccWEe-Ox8ocG7kcDUMpPKXM7c8RHldZ-oEiltrbUDISwXPyupnJqHFvtwEiK4HCbShTPhAMEQWdpbQ=w1082-h814-s-no-gm

Who's a chonky boi?

AP1GczMEkYBwppMXwcEQeu3i3u01E2BZC7sxhx198K0Rky4fLdkFhMnjVHwry_iz_M1F_k_2IHfGfmQ_rdIugeEU8VM7CoY3BRznAEQXFuYWOX76BnztJwHCMhKCXKZlMlmdoIxDPsWdxA28juX8MfDIKVruSQ=w1082-h814-s-no-gm

AP1GczOg4IzFDdWuik1rMPFEvZWbSZZ16KyDUqV13-rFIxU-KpY42J7rhtAnxE-Icxf7V33DXCLhAppGt0l_9ySRljirytft2_MfOtv9NO1AguAT-ktheJ3gNL1ZXijXg6BXsB1OaK6om2LO_lKMXXodJ2kiRw=w1082-h814-s-no-gm

Oh man, I like it a lot. I'm a lifer with my GX460, but I'm looking forward to seeing more of these in the wild.

Last edited:
Saw this Overtrail at my Dealer in Utah. It was pre sold, I did get a chance to ride in it, but they wouldn’t let me drive it. I liked it enough to put a deposit on a Luxury + due to arrive in the next 60 days. I probably would have preferred an Overtrail, but this is for my wife and she will probably never take it off road so the Luxury seems like a good second choice

IMG_2822.jpeg

IMG_2823.jpeg

IMG_2826.jpeg

IMG_2827.jpeg

Here's a better close up of the mid-spec grade headlight that other marktets are getting aside from the circular and square lamp design.
Mid-spec crystal design headlamps:
204_LandCruiser250.jpg

A couple of things. The hybrid since I have a long commute. I like the 2400W inverter that comes with it as well because I like to do tech stuff in the field where a 3.5 amp inverter doesnt always cut it. The LC looks like it'll take less front chopping for a bumper. I also like that you can get every option possible for 2-4k less than most base OT. Significantly cheaper than an OT+. To get comparable features (heated and vented seat, memory seats, HUD, etc) I would have to spend 80k or more.

This is already more than I've ever spent for a car so I didn't want to just add 10k more, even though I prefer the styling of the Lexus. it's very easy to fall into the "Just a little bit more and I can get X" and before you know it you're at a top end LX600.

Finally, and most importantly, Toyota called me before my lexus dealer did :)
Agree with all of this. I think a lot of people are looking at the starting price of the Overtrail at $69k and not factoring in all of the options you'd have to add on to get the same spec as a LC w/ premium package. Hud, cool box, traffic jam assist are all additional costs on the Lexus.

I'd rather take the hybrid engine as well, almost the same hp/torque and saves money at the pump. That outlet in the back will also come in handy for camping or just general use for various electronics.

I guess for me the biggest issue is tow ratings. I like the center stack with actual buttons in the LandCruiser more than the GX's screen controls. Maybe if I wait a few years the gov't will realize that having to look down at a screen to turn down your AC fan is just as bad as driving while texting and force all of them back to physical buttons.

Maybe if I wait a few years the gov't will realize that having to look down at a screen to turn down your AC fan is just as bad as driving while texting and force all of them back to physical buttons.
God I hope so. Tesla takes it to the moronic extreme - shifter on the screen.

Agree with all of this. I think a lot of people are looking at the starting price of the Overtrail at $69k and not factoring in all of the options you'd have to add on to get the same spec as a LC w/ premium package. Hud, cool box, traffic jam assist are all additional costs on the Lexus.

I'd rather take the hybrid engine as well, almost the same hp/torque and saves money at the pump. That outlet in the back will also come in handy for camping or just general use for various electronics.
Yeah its been frustrating to say the least, but as years go on I've learned that silence is sometimes better on the internet. The GX looks like an amazing vehicle. However I am continually surprised by the "Just buy a GX for LC price, it's the same thing" without comparing the features. If I didn't care about those nice features, I would be buying something A LOT cheaper. I think Toyota/Lexus intentionally set up the product line so that you couldn't just buy a better lexus for the same price. Otherwise you'd have vented seats and other things in the base Overtrail.

I don't care about the 4 cylinder. Toyota has been doing hybrids for years and a V6 isn't anything impressive either. The bigger axle is a concern of mine, but I likely won't be lifting it and putting huge tires on. That eliminates the main benefits for me.

There are also folks out there who would simply rather have the Toyota badge over the Lexus. Typically I’m in that camp but this time around I just really like what they have going on with the new GX. It’s most likely what I will purchase next but I haven’t ruled out the LC entirely.

Does anyone have good pictures of the US LC rock rails that come standard on the first edition? (Or a link to photos or a video?) They're an option on other trims and I'm just wondering if they are worth anything. I'm sure there will be better after market options but I'll be looking for something pretty light duty (and aluminum) in any case. But heavy duty enough that they won't just fold if I do hit a rock, like I'm guessing the steps would.

Does anyone have good pictures of the US LC rock rails that come standard on the first edition? (Or a link to photos or a video?) They're an option on other trims and I'm just wondering if they are worth anything. I'm sure there will be better after market options but I'll be looking for something pretty light duty (and aluminum) in any case. But heavy duty enough that they won't just fold if I do hit a rock, like I'm guessing the steps would.

I took some photos and they should be in this post.

Congratulations 🎉 🥳 !

Q: if you have long commute, the biggest difference with hybrid is not in HW but town. 🤔🙏🏿.

I am in a crossroad:

GX550 with KDSS and potentially more luxury and "thunk" feeling but OT+ not having AC in top.

LC250 with Toyota brand, AC on top and Hybrid, but not KDSS.

🤔. First world problems. 🙏🏿

A couple of things. The hybrid since I have a long commute. I like the 2400W inverter that comes with it as well because I like to do tech stuff in the field where a 3.5 amp inverter doesnt always cut it. The LC looks like it'll take less front chopping for a bumper. I also like that you can get every option possible for 2-4k less than most base OT. Significantly cheaper than an OT+. To get comparable features (heated and vented seat, memory seats, HUD, etc) I would have to spend 80k or more.

This is already more than I've ever spent for a car so I didn't want to just add 10k more, even though I prefer the styling of the Lexus. it's very easy to fall into the "Just a little bit more and I can get X" and before you know it you're at a top end LX600.

Finally, and most importantly, Toyota called me before my lexus dealer did :)

Congratulations 🎉 🥳 !

Q: if you have long commute, the biggest difference with hybrid is not in HW but town. 🤔🙏🏿.

I am in a crossroad:

GX550 with KDSS and potentially more luxury and "thunk" feeling but OT+ not having AC in top.

Better is better (25 vs 21 is a 20% increase) but regardless my commute is in Northern VA so there is plenty of stop and go to go around. Very excited for Traffic Jam Assist :rofl:

Congratulations 🎉 🥳 !

I am in a crossroad:

I think we should wait on articulation to test and rti comparison before praising the kdss over the SDM. I think the LC will be as good, with a whole lot less complexity

KDSS is badass (reminds me of Currie anti-rock from my jeep days) but I'm content to press the SDM button as needed.

My offroad vehicle history is Clapped out modded XJ in college > 2020 Taco TRD Sport with no features > LC250. I'm excited to have buttons for things instead of doing it all the old fashioned way!

Last edited:
I think we should wait on articulation to test and rti comparison before praising the kdss over the SDM. I think the LC will be as good, with a whole lot less complexity
Agreed. I would prefer the SDM to KDSS, personally. I have KDSS on my 5th gen 4runner, which I run without a front sway bar, because the ride quality on bumpy roads at anything above a crawl speed is terrible.

Last edited:
Agreed. I would prefer the SDM to KDSS, personally. I have KDSS on my 5th gen, which I run without a front sway bar, because the ride quality on bumpy roads at anything above a crawl speed is terrible.
FYI SDM automatically locks when speeds go above 18mph, at least in the Tacoma.

FYI SDM automatically locks when speeds go above 18mph, at least in the Tacoma.
Dang, I was afraid Toyota would put something like that in. Hopefully someone will come up with a workaround that doesn't trigger CELs and disable 4wd and every other feature.

From what I'm seeing SDM is at best a compromise to E-KDSS. It's reason for being is cost savings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom