SOLD Austin: 1983 BJ60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 60 Series
Mileage
Color
Brown
Recently purchased thinking I would be able to just drive around town with the kiddos- however…body rust is to much for my skills and frame is toasted. Would be a great candidate for a diesel swap.
Canadian spec.
According to prior owner - he drove it from AK back to TX
H55 transmission shifts fine - I’ve cycled through the gears without issues - however both the fill and drain plugs need to be replaced - both are stripped.
3b pulls nicely- turbo spools quickly at low rpm
Unknown compression numbers - I don’t have a way to check. But starts up and idles without issue. Can provide cold start video.
Has a home brew Intercooler setup, I was going to remove it - have the original piping. It does work though.
Needs a front knuckle refresh - over 45mph shakes like crazy.
New headlights
New front shocks
New oem wheels
All gauges work
Seats are in good condition
For all intents and purposes- the truck starts, drives, stops. All the lights work.

Just to reiterate:
Frame = RIP
Body = RIP

If you needed motor/h55/transfer case/axles and diffs that currently work- great opportunity.
I’m not ganna try and make money on this guy - I have too much respect for this forum, just want to get what I paid for it. I think that’s fair.
I have a clear Texas title - not in my name yet (just bought it)
I’ll answer any questions - it is available to drive in my neighborhood (bastrop).
$5500.00

IMG_6704.jpeg

839FC25E-84C4-43B3-8023-4190BEDD2C7B.jpeg

Will include Willie Nelson’s: red headed stranger tape that’s stuck in the player on side two and $20 CND.

Very cool truck. Please tell me they did not screw the gauge cluster directly into the dash :). A clean crack free dash would be close to 20% of the value of this truck.

Very cool truck. Please tell me they did not screw the gauge cluster directly into the dash :). A clean crack free dash would be close to 20% of the value of this truck.
Oh its command stripped down looks like…but it is cracked.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom