Exhaust manifold options (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Sad state of affairs. After completing the heat riser gasket replacement I cracked the flange to the exhaust. This is a 1970 pig. I am disappointed and sad.
IMG_5999.jpeg
IMG_5999.jpeg

I’m glad to hear that is an option. I’m almost inclined to weld it in place as it sits?

I had the exact same thing happen to me and I tried brazing mine back up. I lost the ear as well so I brazed a stud over where it was.
It was a lot of work and in the end the heat warped everything and it ended up all coming apart. Imo its not worth it and I ended up going with a header.
Best of luck!

Would a 1974 with 1.5F be the same? If so I can probably help you out.

I’m going to part out the drivetrain of this 74 pig. I can get a better pic of the manifold tomorrow.

IMG_5859.jpeg

IMG_5861.jpeg

IMG_5860.jpeg

IMG_5868.jpeg

I have always thought these air cleaner housings were cool - if you don't have much going on in front driver side part of your engine compartment - but how does it mount to the carb? I don't see the mounting stud/wing nut sticking out the top.
They have a band clamp underneath and its kinda tricky to get everything in there right and sealing. My 74 has some of the ports blocked off and Im guessing it was for some kind of smog pump?
I'd like to find an original oil bath air cleaner for mine but they may have never had those in the U.S.

They have a band clamp underneath and its kinda tricky to get everything in there right and sealing. My 74 has some of the ports blocked off and Im guessing it was for some kind of smog pump?
I'd like to find an original oil bath air cleaner for mine but they may have never had those in the U.S.
And then check out this pic from the Brutus thread:

1711292578281.png

If you can't fix it let me know. I just pulled a 155 out of a truck yesterday that's going to the scrap yard. I can pull the manifold and ship it to you. You just pay for shipping.
If it doesn’t work out with LCMoneypit. I don’t want to be greedy and take two out of caution. but I would gladly pay shipping.

This place is awesome!

@logger - that would be disappointing and sad.
Was something off-center? Or are the manifolds that brittle?

If you change your mind and want to go with a header, LMK. I know a guy...
I’d say I got greedy and gave it an extra turn. With the oil filter out you can kind of get two hands in there but not exactly see so great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom