What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (42 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Tore apart the right front to replace my torn inner CV boot and worn lower ball joint. While under the truck I found a nail in my LR tire. Luckily it went in sideways and into the larger tread block and didn't puncture the tire. While replacing the boot I did the stretch mod so hopefully it helps prevent it from ripping prematurely, I also used different one time clamps for the inner boot because the OE ones are known for leaking. Hopefully later this next week I'll be able to install my poly rack bushings then it will finally be ready for an alignment.

20240313_103256.jpg

20240313_111755.jpg

20240314_095726.jpg

20240317_115842.jpg

Last edited:
I reupholstered my driver's seat pan. In the process I learned the previous owner once again stripped out the seat arm rest bolt, causing me great time spent in modifying a fix with tap and die kit, drilling, and fitting new bolt. The 2000 LC100 does not have a leather seat arm rest cover that you can turn inside out, so I'll later be ordering a new one.
The seat pan leather replacement is phenomenal. I got if from Wolfmans Auto and Cycle Seats. The owner does a how to video on Youtube, and even sells you the hog ring pliers you will need to do the job. I am thrilled with the customer support and product from this small business. A+++ Excellent.

tempImageZG0S52.png

tempImagelF6Klo.png

tempImageR44j7I.png

Last edited:
I removed the loose rust underneath and applied Fluid Film. For rust removal, I used an angle grinder with a wire wheel, a surface reconditioning tool, and a wire brush. The undercarriage is not pretty, but, fortunately, the frame is solid everywhere. For the Fluid Film application, I went with a gallon can and a rust proofing gun that connects to a compressor. Everything went smoothly. Man, that was a dirty job!
IMG_2794.jpeg

IMG_2795.jpeg

Rear brake job with a few surprises...I was doing the brakes because a bad grinding noise started that I assumed was worn pads. It was really bad though with constant drag on the brakes it felt like so I thought it might be bad. Was surprised to find this. Caliper pictured is exactly how it was when I pulled it out...anybody spot what's missing?? PO had said he had done a pad change recently so it seems he wasn't the best mechanic. Oh and the other side the rear axle seal is leaking...I'll have to get that done another day. View attachment 3583982View attachment 3583983View attachment 3583979
I had the similar thing happen to my truck a few months ago. I had no signs of my outside pad, just gone!

Jim

Started my AHC delete. Did front and rear shocks, springs, and have torsion bar to do next (UPS split my shipment so had to work with what I got first). I did the iron man 2” stage 1. I did it myself so far with help from my wife with a few things. Forum was a great help especially with my rusted New England Bolts. I did the cut inside to access the rear shock nuts, after spending 4 hours trying to get them off. Had trouble reconnecting my Panhard bar so had to use a ratchet strap to pull it together attaching some pics of the work. I plan to do the torsion bars tomorrow then go to the alignment stand. In the near future gonna do a diff drop and the panhard bar drop. Wondering though if I should add an adjustable bar when I do the drop. Thanks for all the help on this forum. It’s been golden.

Started my AHC delete. Did front and rear shocks, springs, and have torsion bar to do next (UPS split my shipment so had to work with what I got first). I did the iron man 2” stage 1. I did it myself so far with help from my wife with a few things. Forum was a great help especially with my rusted New England Bolts. I did the cut inside to access the rear shock nuts, after spending 4 hours trying to get them off. Had trouble reconnecting my Panhard bar so had to use a ratchet strap to pull it together attaching some pics of the work. I plan to do the torsion bars tomorrow then go to the alignment stand. In the near future gonna do a diff drop and the panhard bar drop. Wondering though if I should add an adjustable bar when I do the drop. Thanks for all the help on this forum. It’s been golden.

Just getting to add pics

474861c2-c65b-48a6-b101-da8d692da597.jpeg

4c59ebf8-33b2-41a9-afd8-3a1124e1537b.jpeg

1e9d4e50-12f4-4c5d-af30-29fccc490667.jpeg

b43d8328-d152-4293-ae85-040aeb3f83c6.jpeg

204d7ad2-5c53-438b-94af-9bb768c33e39.jpeg

Finally replaced the catalytic converters after owning this nearly two years. Used four weld-in Magnaflow units
($700 with a 10% discount) and the shop cut the old units out leaving the bolt flanges connected so the new ones can be removed if ever needed. only cost $300 in labor. FINALLY NO CHECK ENGINE LIGHTS!

We also celebrated our anniversary with a trip to Hurricane Creek, in western NC. Posting this from the cabin outside Brevard. I was very impressed with how this rig handled the (moderate) rock obstacles. One spot was precarious because there was only one usable line and getting it wrong meant going sideways down a ravine. But it was good to help teach my wife to be a good spotter. She's just getting into off roading with me, and this is our retirement hobby together.

Finally replaced the catalytic converters after owning this nearly two years. Used four weld-in Magnaflow units
($700 with a 10% discount) and the shop cut the old units out leaving the bolt flanges connected so the new ones can be removed if ever needed. only cost $300 in labor. FINALLY NO CHECK ENGINE LIGHTS!

We also celebrated our anniversary with a trip to Hurricane Creek, in western NC. Posting this from the cabin outside Brevard. I was very impressed with how this rig handled the (moderate) rock obstacles. One spot was precarious because there was only one usable line and getting it wrong meant going sideways down a ravine. But it was good to help teach my wife to be a good spotter. She's just getting into off roading with me, and this is our retirement hobby together.
Whats your address and when are you not home? Ive been looking for some new cats 🤣🤣🤣

Did you use this one ?

And if I understand correctly , I need two per side , correct ?

I’ve been battling CEL for two years now , I’m going to finally give in and replace the cats .

Traded a Rigd UltraSwing for a 1up rack. I lost money technically but I need to carry 2 bikes more than I need 2 spares. Plus I never fell in love the with swing the way I thought.
IMG_3356.jpeg
IMG_3368.jpeg
Also cleaned up the center console and installed a shift indicator plate from CruiserDM.

Bought this rig about 3 weeks ago and have been loving getting it buttoned up the way I want.
IMG_3405.jpeg

Got my engine cover to stop rattling by putting some heat reflecting foam underneath it. Was about to just throw the cover away but I like the look.
Now I need to figure out why air isn't blowing out in the driver footwell...and figure out why my 2nd start button sticks even though I just cleaned it...and figure out why my CDL light doesn't work

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom