What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (36 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

In the last year I've done heater tees, timing belt, water pump, radiator, fan bracket assembly, WKOR sliders, cat back, wheels and tires, t'eyes, and the winch mount is on the way.

Thinking that lift is next but maybe skids instead. Front seats are in terrible condition though. Paint is awful too. Maybe locker and on board air instead?

In the last year I've done heater tees, timing belt, water pump, radiator, fan bracket assembly, WKOR sliders, cat back, wheels and tires, t'eyes, and the winch mount is on the way.

Thinking that lift is next but maybe skids instead. Front seats are in terrible condition though. Paint is awful too. Maybe locker and on board air instead?
Haha the options are endless!! Lift can be cheap if you source some used springs from another member, crank the t-bars, and stick with stock shocks. Sounds like youve got a great truck in the making. What kind of exhaust do you have? Mine is rusted and needs replacement soon.

In a never-ending pursuit of "change for change sake", I un-lifted my rig and put the stock roof rack back on. It was surprisingly easy to swap springs, maybe due to Icon shocks having more travel? But I only disconnected the sway bar and the springs pretty much came right out. Didn't even have to take the wheel off on the second. Fwiw stock springs weigh about 0.8 lbs more than OME and have 1 more coil.

This all stems from moving to a 1920s garage that only used to fit if the roof is bare. But having soured on aftermarket racks I reinstalled the stock. But then we couldn't fit in the garage. Previous Owner did a full suspension upgrade with OME 2860 springs. So by going back to stock coils I recovered the inches I lost to the roof rack, and can now fit into the garage again...in a pinch!

Our use case is flying down usfs roads for overnighters with the kids so the OME springs were excess stiffness and height we didn't need anyway. The only down side may be when towing the boat, which definitely appreciated the stiffer springs.

OME 2860 are for sale btw.

Unpaved test run tomorrow...

View attachment 3578388

View attachment 3578389

View attachment 3578390

View attachment 3578391

View attachment 3578394
Throw some airbags in the rear coils and she'll tow great when you need it and ride like stock when you don't need it.

Replaced the fuel filter. Pretty sure the original was still on there at 260k. I’ll get to the fuel pump and sending unit when those parts come in
IMG_5743.jpeg

Fixed the door lock actuator for my rear hatch. Not the most fun job I have ever done; unfortunately I put a small crack in the lower trim upon reinstallation and found that someone already broke a tab on the upper trim at some point in the past. Next time I do this I will order a new Aisin actuator and trim (if it's available) I think. Nice to finally be able to access the rear without climbing through the rear seats, though!

Fixed the door lock actuator for my rear hatch. Not the most fun job I have ever done; unfortunately I put a small crack in the lower trim upon reinstallation and found that someone already broke a tab on the upper trim at some point in the past. Next time I do this I will order a new Aisin actuator and trim (if it's available) I think. Nice to finally be able to access the rear without climbing through the rear seats, though!
Belated Welcome, BTW! Love Santa Fe, my wife went to St. Johns and we go down there a couple times a year just for the restaurants. :beer: :bounce: :beer:

Replaced the fuel filter. Pretty sure the original was still on there at 260k. I’ll get to the fuel pump and sending unit when those parts come in View attachment 3582387
I can't tell if the PO kept the engine bay really clean on mine, but unsure if mines been changed at 295K. How bad was yours inside? If you cut it open? Notice anything different driving around?

I can't tell if the PO kept the engine bay really clean on mine, but unsure if mines been changed at 295K. How bad was yours inside? If you cut it open? Notice anything different driving around?
I haven’tcut it open yet, but it has some pretty dirty gas coming out so I’m guessing it looks dirty inside. I haven’t gone for a drive yet so we’ll see.

Belated Welcome, BTW! Love Santa Fe, my wife went to St. Johns and we go down there a couple times a year just for the restaurants. :beer: :bounce: :beer:

Thanks! It's a nice spot for sure - hope you guys hit La Choza on your trips here! Durango is a great spot too, love the MTB riding up there and hoping to make another trip up next summer.

2B906915-9B2E-4700-A448-38A37FE61A36.jpeg

Just did the AHC shock spacers, relocated the eye level of the rear sensor link using an aluminum bracket and a 30mm coil spring spacer from Ironman. Also decreased the tension on the TB bolts to get back to factory pressures in front.
For those who still have an aftermarket diff drop or those who removed them, what are your thoughts and first hand experience? Not sure if I should be worried because of a now more aggressive CV angle.

got around to cutting it open. I don’t know if there’s an easy way, but I decided to do the hard way apparently. Looks pretty dirty. It’ll be good peace of mind.
IMG_5750.jpeg
IMG_5749.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom