Looking at this FJ40 tomorrow, any obvious red flags? (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well I took a look at it and ended up passing on it. Seemed to run decently but there was a lot more rust on the body than I was comfortable with.

The search for a good cruiser continues!

@yotadude520 wondering the same thing…3-4 yrs ago I saw a few FJ40’s for sale that REALLY needed a lot of body restoration…they were selling then for 11 - 14,000. One needed over 80% of the tub replaced… crazy. I bought my 1975 a bit over 2 years ago and it was mid 20’s. It was completely re-done and has no rust, no bumps or bruises or modifications and runs like new,

Good luck in your quest

Not that I am looking but was it just the rear sill that was gone? does not look 15k good but maybe 10k. Its certainly a good looking start to a nice 40.

The rear sill and quarter panels actually looked pretty good - there was a quarter sized hole in the front of the tub, rust in the floorboards and looked like it had been repainted at some point so who knows where else it could've been.

Couldnt see birf's in the photos but the frame looked solid with maybe a little surface rust

Depending on mileage, past work/maint and how it runs.....thats a 10k rig all day long

video killed the radio star and the internet killed car prices…
This is the current local market
IMG_2260.png

Kinda steep, but I bet it sells in near future.
I paid $500 this piece

Coworker just got an early FST. $7k, no top driver set frame, engine -tc sitting on a pallet and rusted sill and quarters.
IMG_6480.jpeg
The cab was worse than I realized, the bed was only good for patch pieces. But really it was for a clean title and frame. Anything else I scavenged from it was a bonus.

Point is the internet has raised prices on everything by reaching a broader market. The deals we grew up in are gone as long as people have disposable income and the internet

video killed the radio star and the internet killed car prices…
This is the current local marketView attachment 3582463
Kinda steep, but I bet it sells in near future.
I paid $500 this piece

Coworker just got an early FST. $7k, no top driver set frame, engine -tc sitting on a pallet and rusted sill and quarters.
View attachment 3582465The cab was worse than I realized, the bed was only good for patch pieces. But really it was for a clean title and frame. Anything else I scavenged from it was a bonus.

Point is the internet has raised prices on everything by reaching a broader market. The deals we grew up in are gone as long as people have disposable income and the internet
I’ve online looked at that one in Rigby. I’ve got a soft spot for spring green….

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom