Buddy is looking at an FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My buddy is looking at this 40..
future purchase for his son who wont be driving for 10 years... hahaha
what do you guys think?

Sigh, why do they never include underbody/frame/suspension photos...... certainly worth a look, and perhaps negotiate.

1965 Chevota with diamond plates for close to $19,000?

He could probably find a decent 40 for same price that needs some items he can work on during the 10 years….
IMG_4816.jpeg
IMG_4815.jpeg

The 40 that I have for sale in the classifieds has a boatload more parts and service work for not that much more money.

Look in the classified section on this site. There are solid reputable sellers in there. Diamond plate is a good way to hide rust. The rear sill has angle iron covering it, instead of fixing it properly. Its probably hiding a lot of issues. You need to check the underneath too. It seems to be expensive for a V8 3speed with cut 1/4 panels, no windshield wiper motor or arms and possible rust issues. There's no telling what else is going on with it.

I always wonder about what "rebuilt" actually means. What parts did they actually use. How much machine work was done. Buy the car, not the story is my rule. Worth a good test drive to see if it is close to being worth the price.

Get on FB market place. There are some great rigs for sale at a range of prices before you decide.

For me there is a lot of value in knowing that I was buying something that had been maintained by a cruiser mechanic with the expertise of 65swb45. I feel I would get no surprises which in the world of FJ40’s is a huge deal. I would consider his listing as well. One of the better deals in my mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom