What have you done to your 200 Series this week? (36 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Does anyone have experience getting this windshield (passenger) molding back into position? I don’t want to break anything underneath by messing with it too roughly. I bought it with an aftermarket windshield replacement already installed.

IMG_3144.jpeg

IMG_3145.jpeg

Does anyone have experience getting this windshield (passenger) molding back into position? I don’t want to break anything underneath by messing with it too roughly. I bought it with an aftermarket windshield replacement already installed.

View attachment 3580489

View attachment 3580490
If it won’t stay down the metal bracket that is glued to the roof with flexible epoxy may have come loose. The trim snaps into it after curing.

Correcting it requires removing the whole trim, which often tweaks it to the point of needing replacement.

You may be able to remove the rubber trim strip behind it and inject some urethane or silicon under the clip then hold the windshield trim down while that cures.. but you’d really want to find a way to clean the area first. Lots of dirt and crap in there usually.

If it won’t stay down the metal bracket that is glued to the roof with flexible epoxy may have come loose. The trim snaps into it after curing.

Correcting it requires removing the whole trim, which often tweaks it to the point of needing replacement.

You may be able to remove the rubber trim strip behind it and inject some urethane or silicon under the clip then hold the windshield trim down while that cures.. but you’d really want to find a way to clean the area first. Lots of dirt and crap in there usually.
Good to know. Thanks! So that piece behind it is smaller?

Good to know. Thanks! So that piece behind it is smaller?
The piece behind it, kindof stained a lighter color in the photo, is much smaller. It just slides backward then the front edge can lift up past the windshield trim.

This video shows the clips/parts that hold the windshield trim... iirc I used a specific toyota "flexible epoxy" (or something) to attach one of those upper clips

This video shows the clips/parts that hold the windshield trim... iirc I used a specific toyota "flexible epoxy" (or something) to attach one of those upper clips
Correct, the FSM specifies a flexible epoxy. When I redid my trim I used stuff available for boats and it has worked great.. even keeping the clips in place during a windshield change with trim removal.

1000010490.jpg

Installed longer front wheel studs so I can run mcgard spline drives instead of ET lugs.

Link to longer studs :

Completed the wiring upgrade to go with the 390A alternator upgrade to support charging our travel trailer under tow, a Yeti Goal Zero 1500X, 2nd under hood battery and other sundry loads.

Upgraded: alternator to battery +, battery - to frame, motor to frame and wiring from battery + to bumper to an Anderson SB-175 to charge our travel trailer.

See also:
Trailer power - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/trailer-power.1317688/post-15399915

All work done by No Limit Baltimore.
No Limit BMORE - https://www.nolimitbmore.com/

Last edited:
Nice love tap from someone on my hitch cover gave me the motivation to cut her up. Got the hole as small as possible while still leaving enough room to install the hitch pin for this Agency 6 shackle block. About 3/8 to 1/2 inch gap all the way around. I do believe the gap could be a slight bit smaller if I were to trim down the tabs/hooks on the top backside of the hitch cover to allow the hitch and hitch pin to be installed prior to installation of the hitch cover. Please let me know of any tips or tricks for narrowing that gap and any recommendation for a white edge trim that will hopefully not discolor like I expect my current edge trim to do. Also, would a 1/4 inch gap be cutting it a bit too close when considering body flex in relation to the hitch receiver?

IMG_7962.jpeg

IMG_7958.jpeg

IMG_7951.jpeg

IMG_7930.jpeg

IMG_7939.jpeg

Tinkering...

1710770630348.png

Nice love tap from someone on my hitch cover gave me the motivation to cut her up. Got the hole as small as possible while still leaving enough room to install the hitch pin for this Agency 6 shackle block. About 3/8 to 1/2 inch gap all the way around. I do believe the gap could be a slight bit smaller if I were to trim down the tabs/hooks on the top backside of the hitch cover to allow the hitch and hitch pin to be installed prior to installation of the hitch cover. Please let me know of any tips or tricks for narrowing that gap and any recommendation for a white edge trim that will hopefully not discolor like I expect my current edge trim to do. Also, would a 1/4 inch gap be cutting it a bit too close when considering body flex in relation to the hitch receiver?

View attachment 3583295

View attachment 3583296

View attachment 3583298

View attachment 3583299

View attachment 3583300
What are those round things? Magnets?
1710800769564.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom