American Toyota discontinued the IH8MUD discount but giving everyone a different discount ! (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I was in there a couple of weeks ago to order parts for my transmission cooler install on my GX. They were 60 dollars more than Bell Lexus and Bell was offering free shipping. I think my days as being an American Toyota customer are waning. I'll just order online now unless its something I need right away. Last month Don did give me a 10 percent discount on a new Hybrid battery that I replaced on a Prius which I thought was pretty good. I guess it will be a case by case basis now. I've spent thousands of dollars over the years there.

I recently had made an online purchase (1/11/2024) to be shipped at $6 instead of the $5 to pickup. I have never had Amer Toy ship to me before. We always picked up.
The order had a label created on 1/16/2024, 5 days later and then it sat and sat and sat and sat AND SAT waiting to be given to USPS. This was a $300 part that was not budging.
I called Amer Toy 1/19/2024 and spoke to Aden, the online order guy, he looked around and could not locate the part and assured me that the driver had taken it the day before to USPS now to drop it off, but according to the online tracking it never made it to USPS.
I ended up going to Amer Toy on 1/20/2024 as I had ordered upper control arms and just decided to pick them up since shipping was becoming a pain.

Don was there to witness what went down… I spoke to the other online guy, Daniel, a young guy. He looked up my order and told me it had shipped and there was nothing he could do. I asked him to please hear me out as the tracking stated on that day that it had not arrived at USPS. Well, Daniel then decided to read the me the BLEEPIN’ Shipping Policy online BS! I was furious as that had nothing to do with MY ISSUE. Poor Don, knows me and knew this was not me as my attitude came flying out… I took my control arms to the truck, grabbed my phone and when I came back Don told me that Daniel had gone to the back to see if he could locate the package and sure enough he could not, my idler control $300 part was MIA and Daniel would not budge and help me. I showed Daniel my side of the tracking on my phone and he then with attitude continued to read me the shipping policy…. UGH!! I told him I was not happy with his customer service and I needed to talk to his manager, who was not in till Monday!!! Grrrrr…

I got Daniel’s name, Erick the manager’s number and left while telling the very busy Saturday afternoon Amer Toy customers how pissed I was and that they were ****ing with me!

Monday morning came and I called Erick at 9am and he was blown away that not one caught this and help me. He mentioned Aden and Daniel being the online ones to help me. He reordered the part, I asked him to expedite the shipping and he happily did. I had the part the next day!
WTF DANIEL!

I’m torn when we are limited to who we can deal with as Don is so willing to help locate parts and chat about our projects. The other kids don’t seem to care or appreciate the old school classics or their drivers!

If I can get the parts at a discounted online price, then I’m happy to pick up as long as I don’t have to deal with anyone, pay online and pickup when I can. 🤨

I've been out of the game for a while ...

I told just to give me a gallon of Toyota Red for my 40 .....

Well, welcome back Jeff. Glad you are still around, back in the game, and still driving the 40.

As far as AmToy ... I've stopped walking in to buy parts. All of my orders are online and I just pay the $5, but I make sure I have enough on the order to justify the extra charge. I do compare at Claremont Toyota (freeship over $75) before I order.

For my last order, last week, I received an email that they wanted my VIN to make sure I was getting the correct parts. They seemed a bit cranky that I didn't provide the VIN on the order. I told the fella (don't remember name) that entering my VIN into their order page comes up "invalid VIN." He still wanted it ... [sigh] OK. I did have a great chat with Don when I picked the parts up.

I've only had one problem with an online order. I picked up my stuff, only to find out when I got home a part was missing. I had one of two. I called them and they told me it was in the bag. Bull, but they said they would reorder. Funny thing, they had it available about two hours later.

Moving to the East Mountains and working on base has made AmToy very inconvenient. I only go to Sandia Toyota for small parts I need right away that are likely in stock. For anything costly, I just order from the internet now.

I spent 26 years building that department. This makes me ill.
On the other hand, it also makes me look like a Saint. :flipoff2:

Hey,
I saw this and thought I’d share. I don’t know @Ruben C and I have not tried his site or discount comparison yet. Not sure about shipping cost either.

If anyone has or does try his link, let us know how it goes.

We will figure this out one way or another!

Hi Guys,
You might remember me from Norwalk Toyota. I am now with a new dealer and I am exited to be able to support the IH8MUD community once more.

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me.

Check out our online store at parts.capovalleytoyota.com for great deals.
Be sure to use promo code MUD1 for an additional discount.

View attachment 3150464

I'll throw Autozone parts on my junk before I buy from any of the Toyota dealerships in Albuquerque. The Lexus dealership has a whole lot better customer service.

Remember, a bottle of good whiskey can go a long way when it comes to making friends with the parts guy.

I'll throw Autozone parts on my junk before I buy from any of the Toyota dealerships in Albuquerque. The Lexus dealership has a whole lot better customer service.

Remember, a bottle of good whiskey can go a long way when it comes to making friends with the parts guy.

Damn, is that what it costs these days? I used to provide good customer service for a pack of Camel non-filters.

:lol:

Damn, is that what it costs these days? I used to provide good customer service for a pack of Camel non-filters.

I haven't smoked a cigarette in about 20 years now. Camels, Lucky Strikes, and roll your owns were my choice.

You give someone a bottle of good stuff and they always remember you.

A pack of smokes costs almost as much as a good bottle of whiskey these days. My parents smoked like chimneys. I'm glad I never picked up the habit or I'd be broke. My 70 year old dad on SS is now rolling his own with pouches of tobacco and pre-made cig tubes. in the 90's they smoked Bucks because you could get a pack for a buck.

1000 words…

IMG_7335.png

If you ****ers don't stop, I'll be forced to go back to work :doh:

If you ****ers don't stop, I'll be forced to go back to work :doh:
I’ve only heard of good things about Cruiser Dan!! And something about hiding or maybe living in the broom closet at the Land Cruiser Heritage Museum. 😂

I’ve only heard of good things about Cruiser Dan!! And something about hiding or maybe living in the broom closet at the Land Cruiser Heritage Museum. 😂

I'm up in Salt Lake City on an open-ended job, looking after my wife's dad. As a side-job to that job, I hang out at the Land Cruiser Heritage Museum 4 days a week. It supposedly keeps me out of trouble and makes me somewhat useful. I do not miss the 37 years worth of 6-day a week retail running a parts department, but I do dearly miss my Land Cruiser clients.

Agreed with your comment on local Lexus dealership Parts Dept. Good friendly service and quick getting parts from them.👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom