Pretty quiet in here... what are you working on? (26 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

He is a good and patient mechanic for sure. Also even though its business its a friend. My mom taught his father in 3rd grade and we have been using their shop since the early 90s.
He says he wants to take a weekend to do it not that its hard but just time consuming but he is booked this weekend so next is when he will tackle it he thinks.

I hope it is fixable cause I have all the bumper stuff ready to go and I would hate to not get to use it!

Those sneaky little f#$)rs. I found a squirrel nest on my winch cradle under the radiator plastic cover thing a few years ago. Glad I found it sooner than later. I now try and make a habit of inspecting in there and engine bay.

IMG_0275.jpeg

IMG_0272.jpeg

Nit picking at a few projects of mine...wife got me an adjustable Dobinsons front panhard bar for xmas. Installed that and then centered up my steering wheel that's annoyed me since day one, also installed the OEM front brake shims that had disappeared somewhere along the way with proper grease to get rid of the squeaky front brakes. Cruiser drives much better with the front panhard bar in and got the axles closer in line with each other...I really wasn't expecting quite such an improvement!

Next up, I bent my radius arm mount on the right side axle back at Coal Miner...got some new stiffener plates from @Outsane to take care of this. Was able to do get it 95% straight with the BFH and some shim blocks and the radius arm bushings are much happier now! Also got some rear lower control arm skids from @TRAIL TAILOR since I'll be doing some welding with the front bits. Got everything mocked up and happy with how they'll fit, so did some metal prep and painting today to get them ready for installation soon.

Next project is to install my 105 sector shaft kit in the steering box and install the @Delta VS steering box braces while it's out. No rush on this yet though as I don't have any cracks or leaks...just a pro-active project for later this spring/summer.

More things in the works as I'm considering doing the 10% under drive transfer case gears from @cruiseroutfit since I have a leaking rear transmission seal that will need attention (since I'll have the transfer case off already ;) ). I already have the Marlin Crawler for the low range and the under drive should help with getting me up the highway hills to the trail. I already have 4.56 gears from the PO in the diffs, so the 10% under drive should get me a nice ratio again with the 315's.

And now I see a sale from ARB on lockers..."up to $250 off"...might be time to have a match to the rear up front. I'm expecting the QPM from Wit's End anytime as I'm in batch 5 from last summer and should be in due for shipment hopefully by the end of the month (per his site update). I was already planning on going with the dual ARB compressor as the single is fine for the locker, but just works too hard for air-ups. Dual should fit nicely on the QPM, but waiting on actually getting it in hand before I spring for the compressor.

So many projects, so little time!

Nit picking at a few projects of mine...wife got me an adjustable Dobinsons front panhard bar for xmas. Installed that and then centered up my steering wheel that's annoyed me since day one, also installed the OEM front brake shims that had disappeared somewhere along the way with proper grease to get rid of the squeaky front brakes. Cruiser drives much better with the front panhard bar in and got the axles closer in line with each other...I really wasn't expecting quite such an improvement!

Next up, I bent my radius arm mount on the right side axle back at Coal Miner...got some new stiffener plates from @Outsane to take care of this. Was able to do get it 95% straight with the BFH and some shim blocks and the radius arm bushings are much happier now! Also got some rear lower control arm skids from @TRAIL TAILOR since I'll be doing some welding with the front bits. Got everything mocked up and happy with how they'll fit, so did some metal prep and painting today to get them ready for installation soon.

Next project is to install my 105 sector shaft kit in the steering box and install the @Delta VS steering box braces while it's out. No rush on this yet though as I don't have any cracks or leaks...just a pro-active project for later this spring/summer.

More things in the works as I'm considering doing the 10% under drive transfer case gears from @cruiseroutfit since I have a leaking rear transmission seal that will need attention (since I'll have the transfer case off already ;) ). I already have the Marlin Crawler for the low range and the under drive should help with getting me up the highway hills to the trail. I already have 4.56 gears from the PO in the diffs, so the 10% under drive should get me a nice ratio again with the 315's.

And now I see a sale from ARB on lockers..."up to $250 off"...might be time to have a match to the rear up front. I'm expecting the QPM from Wit's End anytime as I'm in batch 5 from last summer and should be in due for shipment hopefully by the end of the month (per his site update). I was already planning on going with the dual ARB compressor as the single is fine for the locker, but just works too hard for air-ups. Dual should fit nicely on the QPM, but waiting on actually getting it in hand before I spring for the compressor.

So many projects, so little time!

Now is a great time to snatch up ARB's and we'd love to help with that and the 10% underdrive gears too!

@CrabCake - If you do the 10% underdrive high range along with the lower low range gear you'll net 3.3:1 on your low range. This is what I have in my 80. I rarely need to touch my brakes on descents now. Which is great because 80 brakes suck! My 2500 Suburban stops like a race car compared to my 80. :steer:

I finally got a chance to pull the floor boards up on the S22 and get to the gas tank. I'd say this fuel has passed it's prime. Can anyone do anything useful with 40 gallons of 8 year old gasoline? If not, anyone have some spare 5 gallon gas cans I can borrow so I don't have to make 8 trips to the dump to get rid of this stuff?

PXL_20240221_194934271.jpg

I finally got a chance to pull the floor boards up on the S22 and get to the gas tank. I'd say this fuel has passed it's prime. Can anyone do anything useful with 40 gallons of 8 year old gasoline? If not, anyone have some spare 5 gallon gas cans I can borrow so I don't have to make 8 trips to the dump to get rid of this stuff?

View attachment 3563346
If you were closer, I have the cans and actually a gasoline safe pump too that does about 8 gallons a minute....had a similar issue with my boat, but it was 75 gallons :poop:. Turns out that when my fuel gauge bounces off of the"E" that there's still about 25 gallons in there, so never getting fully rid of the old stuff with running a half tank of fuel per season. I ended up connecting the pump to the line just before the water filter, so I was able to draw it right down to the bottom, which was handy since my tank is glassed in under the deck. Let me know if you want to borrow the cans and/or pump and we can figure something out to get together.

Transfer pump:

Last edited:
@CrabCake - If you do the 10% underdrive high range along with the lower low range gear you'll net 3.3:1 on your low range. This is what I have in my 80. I rarely need to touch my brakes on descents now. Which is great because 80 brakes suck! My 2500 Suburban stops like a race car compared to my 80. :steer:

The HRUD/LR gear set does magic for the technical trail manners of the 80/450 & 100/470.

3.3:1 is selling it short, I like to call it 3.317 :D

We've got 5 sets of these to go in in short order in the BBRC guys trucks

The HRUD/LR gear set does magic for the technical trail manners of the 80/450 & 100/470.

3.3:1 is selling it short, I like to call it 3.317 :D
Is there going to be an option like that for the 200? Or does the transfer case not allow that?

Is there going to be an option like that for the 200? Or does the transfer case not allow that?

Nothing at current due to the case design. But it’s possible and we've discussed it with several manufacturers.

Anything is possible with enough money :cool:

Fluid filmed the Cruiser today and cleaned up the engine bay. Sittin' pretty...

IMG_1024.jpeg

IMG_1030.jpeg

IMG_1025.jpeg

IMG_1023.jpeg

IMG_1017.jpeg

So, the 2F is finally getting a new home?

Adding a dashcam, picked a Vofo A139. Nearly t-boned someone who made an illegal left turn in front of me, they were in an MX-5/Miata, I could've driven over them and possibly killed them. Glad I upgraded to slotted rotors and sticky pads a few years back (I do such little milage I want performance over longevity). Got me thinking about CYA. Actually, it got me thinking about that train-horn I've coveted, but then I also thought about a dashcam...

So the front cam is partially to document idiots, and the rear will act as my backup cam in the few tricky situations that have me missing one - the cam will stream any of the views to an iphone/ipad, and I use an ipad on my rollcage as my Nav/googlemaps/OnX. so I picked a cam without a display but with the best CCD/optics I could find.

Got bigger front mudflaps, some cool ones from s.america...

Sent off a DWG to SendCutSend for the core parts of rear mudflap brackets I'm building... I bought some XL flaps to match for the rear... will post the outcome.

Love the powertank. Did not love the 'coiled airline' they supplied. Found Apex Performance for a sweet spooled airline. Need to fab a mount to my rollcage.

IMG_4883.jpg - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ClDdeGxCrppEmsBSJA7E5jlzChIUdrQV/view?usp=sharing

My T-Case low speed gears are in, plan to drop the t-case and put those in before Relic Run.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom