What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (70 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Started baselining my new 2007 LX. The dealer replaced the left Cat the day I bought it for a P0430 code. Yesterday it popped a P0420…Dealer says they’ll replace that cat as well, but I’m not convinced the cat is actually bad, and I know they are going to be aftermarket. I cleaned the MAF and throttle body. Cleaned the PVC valve - was nasty and I could tell was replaced at some time. Replaced air filter and checked all the plugs. Running injector cleaner. The code went away today. Not sure how I want to proceed now…

I also flushed the AHC and adjusted it thanks to the ABCs of AHC thread. I only had one 2.5L jug of fluid and need some more, but I can’t find the 1L bottles for sale for less than a 2.5L jug. I hate to buy so much because those jugs don’t look resealable. AHC is working great, though.

Overall this rig had pretty good maintenance. Engine bay and undercarriage are immaculate. Someone spent a lot of time replacing vacuum and fuel hoses and keeping everything wrapped and orderly. The only thing that appears broken is the Nav system. It says “insert correct disk”. I can here it spinning and tried another known good disk, so I guess it’s toast.

View attachment 3556426

View attachment 3556427
Why are there 2 different style hose clamps on the top radiator hose?

Why are there 2 different style hose clamps on the top radiator hose?
Yes, looks like they fixed a leak the easy way with a worm gear clamp. Hoses and clamps on my list.

Started baselining my new 2007 LX. The dealer replaced the left Cat the day I bought it for a P0430 code. Yesterday it popped a P0420…Dealer says they’ll replace that cat as well, but I’m not convinced the cat is actually bad, and I know they are going to be aftermarket. I cleaned the MAF and throttle body. Cleaned the PVC valve - was nasty and I could tell was replaced at some time. Replaced air filter and checked all the plugs. Running injector cleaner. The code went away today. Not sure how I want to proceed now…

I also flushed the AHC and adjusted it thanks to the ABCs of AHC thread. I only had one 2.5L jug of fluid and need some more, but I can’t find the 1L bottles for sale for less than a 2.5L jug. I hate to buy so much because those jugs don’t look resealable. AHC is working great, though.

Overall this rig had pretty good maintenance. Engine bay and undercarriage are immaculate. Someone spent a lot of time replacing vacuum and fuel hoses and keeping everything wrapped and orderly. The only thing that appears broken is the Nav system. It says “insert correct disk”. I can here it spinning and tried another known good disk, so I guess it’s toast.

View attachment 3556426

View attachment 3556427

View attachment 3556428
Maybe replace the left downstream O2 sensor—cheap part and about a 30 second job; my P0420 hasn’t come back since.

Maybe replace the left downstream O2 sensor—cheap part and about a 30 second job; my P0420 hasn’t come back since.
So…the code has cleared on its own after the tuneup work I did. Not even in pending. It does make me a bit nervous.

swapped the stock cassette Radio with a JVC

IMG_7552.jpeg

Got mine back from the shop Tuesday after they did the rack and pinion and the valve cover gaskets. I replaced the hood struts, fog lights, and cabin air filter today. Planning out the cat replacements since I can’t afford OEM right now.

Also planning a trip to Hurricane Creek off I-40 for later this month, Uwharrie this spring, and Badlands & Black Hills National Forest SD and Moab this summer.

Got these babies mounted up on the icon wheels. Decided on 285/70r17 Toyo OC at3’s. Hoping to get the globes done tomorrow and get these installed.
View attachment 3559093
Great choice of tires, I run those on one of our 100s and our 200 and *love* them!!

Lots of little projects today. Replaced my squeaking blower motor, discovered my right high beam was out and found the fuse was blown and replaced it, did the mod so the fog lights stay on when the high beams are on and replaced my air filter. Hopefully later today my new front sway bar links show up and tomorrow I might have the tire shop flip my tires so the white lettering is out like I originally wanted but they didn't do.

New Denso air filter, was too rushed to take pics of the other stuff today. It's dirtier in person than the photo makes it look.

20240216_094551.jpeg

No photos but finally replaced my rotted out muffler and DS cat. Took care of the majority of my annoying rattles. Went with a flowmaster 70 and wish I had some something a little more aggressive, didn’t realize how loud my exhaust system was before.

Installed the 3D cup holder from cruiser designs in the LX. Also dropped the U-Haul brand hitch receiver frame to make room for a 33” spare underneath. I had a replacement from Curt that was supposed to allow room for the 33” spare but the one Curt sent didn’t fit and all the bolt holes didn’t line up so I sent it back. I also did the Solvefunction side mirror rattle fix on my 80 series.

IMG_5046.jpeg

IMG_5047.jpeg

$18 extended sway bar links.

20240217_141040.jpg

More baselining on the LX470. New 75W90 with AT205 in the differentials and transfer case. New oil and filter. New clamp on a weeping cv boot. Greased the driveshafts for the first time in a very long time, apparently.

I’ll admit, the vvti and 5 speed are a big improvement from the 2000. And the LX is noticeably quiet, though I never thought the Land Cruiser was loud.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom