LC 250 & GX550 Picture Thread (39 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'll share pics instead.
Great pics, thank you! Kurt (or someone else, possibly) have you heard if the list of colors announced for the LC in August is still the only possibility for '24 LCs? I saw a screenshot or picture of a sales/marketing slide that indicated "Supersonic Red" would be a paint option. Know anything about any additional paint options?

Used by / Part of – doesn’t matter. The agenda and objectivity are the same, no need to be so defensive about it. Now that it’s known all can judge for themselves the context and move on.

That's the whole rub... it was seemingly know by all but a few (example: you) based on the fact the video was clearly "Brought to you by Toyota" in addition to my comments in video clearly thanking Toyota for the opportunity to work with them. This in addition to my historic work with Toyota/Lexus on many projects, SEMA builds, training trips, etc over the years. I've not made my affiliation and work with them a secret over the years. You and the actual Land Cruiser fan die hard fan @Tears (that name sure fits :D ) seem to be confused that I was just some random person that Toyota gave a pre-production vehicle. That was never implied or hidden. You can keep dropping passive aggressive disses that I was used. 99.9% of your posts are about the 250/550, perhaps you're being used ;)

Staying on topic (pics). Hanging out in the desert with some neat Lexus's, the Chief Engineer and ACE of the GX550 as well as US marketing and AAP team members. AAs you can imagine they are all very excited about their product offering and the communities excitement. There were things all wished it could have too but market, production, cost, etc all drove use to the product we are getting. As a business owner I too get that.

20230611_111127.jpg

Great pics, thank you! Kurt (or someone else, possibly) have you heard if the list of colors announced for the LC in August is still the only possibility for '24 LCs? I saw a screenshot or picture of a sales/marketing slide that indicated "Supersonic Red" would be a paint option. Know anything about any additional paint options?

I've not seen anything new on that. I can certinaly ask if there is some color information to share.

I still can’t get over the fact that we won’t be getting the big boy 300 series in the States,
You can buy the LX 600, though I don't understand why you would want to, as the GX 550 has the same drivetrain (slightly detuned), very close dimensions, better angles, and a much better looking grille.

Last edited:
The 250 is the 4Runner replacement, but it’s not a 200 series replacement.
Actually, there will be a 4Runner coming soon. It was spotted testing in Michigan: https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a46672349/2025-toyota-4runner-spied/

People were whining that the 200 was too big, too expensive, too complex. Now we get the 250 which is based on the same platform as the 300, is slightly smaller, less expensive, less complex, and people still complain about it. 🤷‍♂️
That’s where the 300 falls into play. (Which we don’t get)
We do. Go to the Lexus dealer and buy yourself an LX600.

Once you get used to having a front locker
It spoils you so much.
I'll say this though, crawl control is now even better than before.
I'm sure ARB and Harrop will offer an aftermarket solution. Personally, I've got no need for one.

Cool, thank you. Here's a picture of that slide, which apparently came from a recent a Toyota Winter Dealer Meeting:

View attachment 3552706
Going out on a limb but I read that slide to not apply the text under the second red bullet (TMMTX Plant Restrictions) as applying to the first red bullet pertaining to the Land Cruiser.

Those colors would be for vehicles produced at the TMMTX (Toyota Motor Manufacturing, Texas, Inc.) plant (not 2024 Land Cruiser)

This PDF showing Toyota's North American operation was interesting to see, too: https://www.toyota.com/content/dam/tusa/usa/operations/toyota-operations-map-fall-2023.pdf

Last edited:
Going out on a limb but I read that slide to not apply the text under the second red bullet (TMMTX Plant Restrictions) as applying to the first red bullet pertaining to the Land Cruiser.

Those colors would be for vehicles produced at the TMMTX plant (not 2024 Land Cruiser)
That certainly makes more sense.

That's the whole rub... it was seemingly know by all but a few (example: you) based on the fact the video was clearly "Brought to you by Toyota" in addition to my comments in video clearly thanking Toyota for the opportunity to work with them. This in addition to my historic work with Toyota/Lexus on many projects, SEMA builds, training trips, etc over the years. I've not made my affiliation and work with them a secret over the years. You and the actual Land Cruiser fan die hard fan @Tears (that name sure fits :D ) seem to be confused that I was just some random person that Toyota gave a pre-production vehicle. That was never implied or hidden. You can keep dropping passive aggressive disses that I was used. 99.9% of your posts are about the 250/550, perhaps you're being used ;)

I never even hinted that you were used as you made it clear enough that you happily and willing are part in the marketing process. When I watch videos of dumb nuts "influencers" whose only goal is the attention I know I won't get any objectivity. Fine. It is what it is and we can weed through the narcissism to still learn something.

But no, I was honestly and sincerely very much not aware that that lack of objectivity is also part of the official DNA here. Fair enough if I'm labeled as naive or even dumb and I suppose it will also be my fault if Apple ever shows up to collect the kidney I 'agreed to'.

Weighted fan site working in conjunction with Toyota marketing instead of open honest objective discussion. Got it. I can work with that now that we're all on the same page.

Weighted fan site working in conjunction with Toyota marketing instead of open honest objective discussion. Got it. I can work with that now that we're all on the same page.

I think this is completely incorrect in regards to MUD.

In fact, I'd argue that the majority of people here are not Toyota fanboys but love the Land Cruiser. I bet it would be over 95% of people on this site who are just here for the technical information and could care less Kurt's motives/affiliations or yours for that matter.

I think this is completely incorrect in regards to MUD.

In fact, I'd argue that the majority of people here are not Toyota fanboys but love the Land Cruiser. I bet it would be over 95% of people on this site who are just here for the technical information and could care less Kurt's motives/affiliations or yours for that matter.
Then I would happily be proven wrong.

BTW, my motives need no disclaimer as I yearn for honesty – good, bad, ugly or indifferent.

Have a rough idea as to when? I'd love to swing by if I can.

Also those uprights look a bit beefier than the 460s/4Runner. Maybe no more need for as much gusseting.

March 24th

I thought about splitting this thread into two different new threads. One that stays on target for photos, and the other one that gives folks an outlet for tears and to share their 100 vs 105 expertise :D

I'll share pics instead.

View attachment 3552668View attachment 3552669View attachment 3552670View attachment 3552671View attachment 3552672View attachment 3552673View attachment 3552674View attachment 3552675View attachment 3552676
I see in the pictures that there is a different color coating on the hardware than I recognize. Any idea what the story is with the different color coating on the hardware? New coating or just different color?

1707349414392.png

I see in the pictures that there is a different color coating on the hardware than I recognize. Any idea what the story is with the different color coating on the hardware? New coating or just different color?

View attachment 3552859

Good question. IT looked like the standard cad grey (not silver) BUT had some red hue too it. That LC250 is absolutely a pre-production so we can't assume that those will be production hardware.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom