Heritage LC or Bronco Raptor (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

They're 2 very different vehicles for different uses. We don't get the bronco over here but I daily drive a ranger raptor. It's comfy and nice to drive and massive fun on a gravel road. What it isn't is a Toyota tho, Nearly 3 years old and about 106,000 km (had since new) and it leaks oil, clunk in the uni joints, some of the interior plastics are cheap and flimsy etc. I won't have it outside warranty and any warranty has been a battle with ford, although it's never had any significant failures. There's no comparison, a 200 is a far better truck, if you're looking for a long-term vehicle. If you're ok with disposable, the raptor will be fun!

Last edited:
To be honest, IF I was gonna go Bronco route, then I will probably get the ORIGINAL soft top 4x4....Jeep Wrangler. Tons of aftermarket support 2nd to no one. Solid axles. 4:1 TC. Lockers. 392 option with full-time 4wd.

But beyond all that, when it comes time to sell, Wrangler resale value is phenomenal! Bronco...well, it's a Ford. (Note, I own a Ford....)

So are you going out an buying a 400k mile Land Cruiser? Or anywhere close to that? You could probably get it for a great price.
You can buy one but you're not getting a good price

Got both.

Raptor is fun to drive, good on power lots of tech and great suspension. Small on inside with less storage. Reliability who knows. LC/HE is legendary.

Instead of HE 200, why not supercharge a 2018 for the same $$

LC 200 or a bronco? You mean a luxury suv that has literally gone into combat zones all over the world, or a lifted 4x4 mustang? This can’t be a real choice..
I can't resist...
Found On Road, Dead
F#%$ing Old Rebuilt Dodge
Fix Or Repair Daily

When I was a teenager (in the old days) in the late 70's working as a retail petroleum distribution engineer; the grizzled old mechanics had a special term for a hammer, it was not so affectionately called a FORD tool. As in, "hey jackoff, get me that F#%$ing FORD tool over there."

Certain special colorful words were reserved for the type of mustang that required the engine to be jacked up to get the oil filter out.
Them was the daze

I have a 190k mile 09 LX. I am about to refresh the suspension as the LCA arms worn out. I am going back and forth on adding SPC uppers so I can move to 37s when these 35s wear out. I also need to replace the rear shocks, which is fine as I was going to add the rear shock spacers by Turbo 8 to prep for the 37s anyway. It also needs a RMS to be addressed. All things I think are acceptable for a nearly 200k mile rig. I have Garage Alpha drill being painted, Bud Built full armor otw, a TT HWM, and winch waiting to be installed. Working with EKR on seat covers, have some wrap for chrome delete and in place of cracked wood trim. Once body work is trimmed for 37s I’ll wrap it matte pine green. I’ll be Needless to say I am invest and want to keep it for a while.

I love the Shelter green Braptor a member posted earlier in the thread. I have also seen an Azure Grey Metallic with matte PPF that looked amazing. I think the Braptor being quicker, more nimble, and having a suspension designed for high speed maneuvering would be better for DD, while helping keep miles off the LX. I think it makes sense for when visiting clients or friends with some trails nearby but won’t be camping. I also like the idea of being able to take it to a dealer and say fix this. The Everglades fits most of these marks, minus the quick part.

An older Gwag with some mods enters the equation too. Need to go drive a Braptor, Everglades and G.

One of the BIG thing that you get with the 392 besides the big engine is that it has FULL-TIME 4WD. That for me is a killer feature.
The wording and marketing on these Jeep 4wd systems is horrible because this 4wd isn’t really FULL-TIME. It’s more of Auto-4WD. It uses a clutch in the transfer case to send power to the front wheels. It does probably react quickly at sending power to the front wheels but heavy throttle and tire slip will send power to the front. But cruising down the road under light throttle it probably sends very little power to the front wheel.

The 4A system in the Bronco is the same way with a clutch in the transfer case. Neither the wrangler or the bronco actually have center diffs like a LC has.

A 2020 LC with 70k miles and the supercharger sold on bring a trailer for 70k recently. You could always upgrade - so many built out examples of 200 series out there

To be honest, IF I was gonna go Bronco route, then I will probably get the ORIGINAL soft top 4x4....Jeep Wrangler. Tons of aftermarket support 2nd to no one. Solid axles. 4:1 TC. Lockers. 392 option with full-time 4wd.

But beyond all that, when it comes time to sell, Wrangler resale value is phenomenal! Bronco...well, it's a Ford. (Note, I own a Ford....)

I was looking at Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Ecodiesels and one of the things that bothered me was the lack of the 4Auto transfer case. The fact that they put it behind the 392 but not the diesel is irritating.

The wording and marketing on these Jeep 4wd systems is horrible because this 4wd isn’t really FULL-TIME. It’s more of Auto-4WD. It uses a clutch in the transfer case to send power to the front wheels. It does probably react quickly at sending power to the front wheels but heavy throttle and tire slip will send power to the front. But cruising down the road under light throttle it probably sends very little power to the front wheel.

The 4A system in the Bronco is the same way with a clutch in the transfer case. Neither the wrangler or the bronco actually have center diffs like a LC has.

I cannot speak to the Jeep MP3022 transfer case specifically, but that is incorrect about the Bronco T-case. The 4Auto t-case in the F150, F150 Raptor, and Bronco are true active AWD/full-time 4wd systems. Even my 2014 F150 has it and it will actively send power to the front axle on dry pavement going in a straight line with no tire spin. Basically, any time you are accelerating it will send power to the front, but once you reach steady state speed it tends to only drive the rear. I've data logged it and watched the clutch PWM duty cycle in real time.

The difference with the F150 Raptor tcase(and I imagine the Bronco case) vs the regular F150 case is that they mechanically lock when in 4hi and 4Lo. The regular F150 t-case relies on the clutch plates to clamp to give you 4hi/4lo but they can slip if the front axle has high traction and the rear has low traction.

Last edited:
I cannot speak to the Jeep MP3022 transfer case specifically, but that is incorrect about the Bronco T-case. The 4Auto t-case in the F150, F150 Raptor, and Bronco are true active AWD/full-time 4wd systems. Even my 2014 F150 has it and it will actively send power to the front axle on drive pavement going in a straight line with no tire spin. Basically, any time you are accelerating it will send power to the front, but once you reach steady state speed it tends to only drive the rear. I've data logged it and watched the clutch PWM duty cycle in real time.
This part is exactly what I just said. Not sure how it’s incorrect compared to what you just said.

This is all a wording things. But I wouldn’t say a system that sends little to no power to the front wheels while steady state cruising is a full time 4wd system. Ford and Jeep don’t call it full time systems. F150 and bronco both say 4A on their buttons and the wrangler even said 4H Auto on its shift lever.

This part is exactly what I just said. Not sure how it’s incorrect compared to what you just said.

This is all a wording things. But I wouldn’t say a system that sends little to no power to the front wheels while steady state cruising is a full time 4wd system. Ford and Jeep don’t call it full time systems. F150 and bronco both say 4A on their buttons and the wrangler even said 4H Auto on its shift lever.
It doesnt require heavy throttle or wheel spin. Even the lightest acceleration sends power to the front. The clutch, at least on my 2014, never fully disengages in 4A.

Also, with the newer trucks(mine being a 2014) there are different drive modes and they alter how the t-case responds. So while my truck my stop sending power to the front wheels, the newer ones in snow mode may keep a constant flow of power at all times. I dont know for sure but from what I have seen on the forums, the 2015+ F150's 4Auto system is better than my 2014's.

It doesnt require heavy throttle or wheel spin. Even the lightest acceleration sends power to the front. The clutch, at least on my 2014, never fully disengages in 4A.

Also, with the newer trucks(mine being a 2014) there are different drive modes and they alter how the t-case responds. So while my truck my stop sending power to the front wheels, the newer ones in snow mode may keep a constant flow of power at all times. I dont know for sure but from what I have seen on the forums, the 2015+ F150's 4Auto system is better than my 2014's.
Like I said it’s all wording. I get what you’re saying on how it operates but this is still an Auto system not a full time system

Braptor is ugly AF. rarely will the upgrades be worth it in real world vs standard Bronco. Get a regular /sasquatch Bronco, save the cash for real upgrades/steering rack. Real world use, and not dedicated off-roader, the LC will surpass Bronco in most every category, and come close in a few others. Bronco is small, rear room /storage sucks. Louder inside. Drives decently. Screen/gauge cluster feels 10 years out of date. If this will be a daily, get the LC, add a rear locker and 35s+..

Braptor is ugly AF. rarely will the upgrades be worth it in real world vs standard Bronco. Get a regular /sasquatch Bronco, save the cash for real upgrades/steering rack. Real world use, and not dedicated off-roader, the LC will surpass Bronco in most every category, and come close in a few others. Bronco is small, rear room /storage sucks. Louder inside. Drives decently. Screen/gauge cluster feels 10 years out of date. If this will be a daily, get the LC, add a rear locker and 35s+..
If the Bronco screen feels 10 years out of date then what does the LC screen feel like ?

If the Bronco screen feels 10 years out of date then what does the LC screen feel like ?
Yeah not sure about Bronco, but my F150 infotainment center is far superior to my LC. Display, camera quality, responsiveness, pixel density, wireless CarPlay, etc. are far better on my Ford.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom