Misrepresented Heritage Edition... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Thoughts on this? It has since been taken down from their website for sale once this fellow called them about it... RMR doing shady things or were they swindled as well? 🤷🏻‍♂️

This post is not to bash a dealership by any means as there is no current evidence of wrongdoing by the dealer. Ignorance? Maybe. For all we know they had no idea when they purchased this HE to sell it. Based on the OP's comments, it was not being sold by the dealer as a salvaged title but the car has since been removed from the dealer's website. Other FB group admins have deleted the posts highlighting this example as well.

Like the OP on FB said, use this as caution to do your homework before purchasing.

Thread here: facebook.com/groups/749687532287949/permalink/1451122938811068/

420144485_355948510505770_5732605601522065268_n.jpg

420213104_355948553839099_6369391632114125639_n.jpg

420242556_355948527172435_5610140643786887889_n.jpg

420179538_355948600505761_1209976383969790080_n.jpg

Last edited:
The owner and business have a good reputation in town…. I don’t think he would knowingly do this, but I could be wrong.

Lemme guess - they want 100K plus? very shady.

Would be curious to see what Autocheck says as they get their data differently. Seems like it would surely go through insurance if it was at a salvage yard thus branding the title.

JTMCY7AJ2M4097321​

A simple VIN search on google pulls up the coparts auction.
That's literally the first thing I do when I'm considering purchasing a vehicle.

Just because a vehicle is damaged and fixed doesn't mean it will show as an accident or even salvage.
Many people damage their vehicles off road and just fix them.

It may have been just an Elephant Hill Trail experience?

Last edited:
I'm not sure I believe the original FB post. When I go to the Southern Off Road FB page, I see the undamaged pics of this 200 shown above but no VIN. And while SOR FB post has the pics of the 200 next to the RMR logo it isn't clear what RMR's role was in this. Kinda implies they sold the 200 to SOR who is now reselling the vehicle. The SOR web site shows the same pics and it does look like they are or at least were trying to sell this truck but there is no VIN data anywhere (or at least I can't find it). Maybe they took that down after being called out but then why leave the pic up?

IMO, given that simple google of the VIN yields several auction sites and pics of significant damage, its hard to believe any actual business would be dumb enough to have fallen pray to a scam like this or dumb enough to try to scam others by selling the rig as clean. I've never heard of either RMR or SOR but this scandal looks more like a hoax to me or some dissatisfied customer/ troll trying to cause trouble for SOR.

I'm not sure I believe the original FB post. When I go to the Southern Off Road FB page, I see the undamaged pics of this 200 shown above but no VIN. And while SOR FB post has the pics of the 200 next to the RMR logo it isn't clear what RMR's role was in this. Kinda implies they sold the 200 to SOR who is now reselling the vehicle. The SOR web site shows the same pics and it does look like they are or at least were trying to sell this truck but there is no VIN data anywhere (or at least I can't find it). Maybe they took that down after being called out but then why leave the pic up?

IMO, given that simple google of the VIN yields several auction sites and pics of significant damage, its hard to believe any actual business would be dumb enough to have fallen pray to a scam like this or dumb enough to try to scam others by selling the rig as clean. I've never heard of either RMR or SOR but this scandal looks more like a hoax to me or some dissatisfied customer/ troll trying to cause trouble for SOR.
In the images, you can see the browser is on RMR's website and the dealer is listed as RMR with the associated VIN. The Carfax is provided by RMR as well.

SOR does installs for them I believe which is why they were showing it on their social media with RMR tagged. I don't believe SOR ever had this listed for sale as they don't sell many vehicles.

Not sure. This one is a mystery but a sound example of doing plenty of research before purchasing a vehicle. The LC may not have a branded title as it may have been all fixed privately as well. RMR may have done it themselves or maybe it was done prior to them taking the vehicle in. We'll just have to wait and see if we ever get an answer about it.

In the images, you can see the browser is on RMR's website and the dealer is listed as RMR with the associated VIN. The Carfax is provided by RMR as well.

Yes, I can see that info in the images pasted in above that do come from the OP FB post, but that doesn't mean they are authentic images. I'm not saying they for sure are fake. I'm saying you can't tell from just those images.

RMR currently has two black 2021 Heritages. Neither has the VIN shown in the images. Maybe they did sell or try to sell the above truck, and have just removed it from their website. I have no way to tell. Google of the VIN shows this VIN has been auctioned more than once and appears to be in an active auction on a Russian web site yet the pics on that site are from the April 2023 original auction so it seems like the truck has never been repaired. Who knows?

I 100% agree you need to do vehicle and title research when buying a used vehicle and also that just because an accident isn't on the carfax or the title is clean, doesn't mean someone hasn't committed fraud.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom