Heritage LC or Bronco Raptor (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I might be a bit biased, but I'm loving my Bronco, but the heritage does seem pretty bad ass

I traded in a 2020 Raptor truck on my 200. Not a bronco, but similar from brand quality standpoint. For an offroad specific truck it sure rattled and squeaked a lot - like more than the 1986 FJ60 did on the same road. I loved it on the pavement, awesome truck. My vote would be the 200. But I get the appeal of removing the top and such.
I had a 2019 lc200, traded on an ordered gen3 raptor. Kept that pos raptor for 5 months and traded for a 21 HE.

Ford build quality is unexplainably terrible. It was a cool truck but I was embarrassed driving it at times cause it stood out a little. I would imagine the bronco raptor would be more embarrassing depending on the occasion.

Lc200 - classic stealth
Raptor - hat/oakley/jeans/hoodie/45+mm watch

I had a 2019 lc200, traded on an ordered gen3 raptor. Kept that pos raptor for 5 months and traded for a 21 HE.

Ford build quality is unexplainably terrible. It was a cool truck but I was embarrassed driving it at times cause it stood out a little. I would imagine the bronco raptor would be more embarrassing depending on the occasion.

Lc200 - classic stealth
Raptor - hat/oakley/jeans/hoodie/45+mm watch
yeah it was a fun truck, but I didn't wear bedazzled jeans or work out at the gym every day so I felt out of place driving it. 😂

Nothing much to add other than on a recent work trip to Idaho I drove a chipped Bronco with 35s that was surprisingly quick and yet still got 20 mpg. The removable top was nice. Rear tailgate felt a little cheap as did instrument cluster. Two doors is a deal killer for me and LC/LX will last far longer and age better but fun truck nonetheless.

IMG_1306.jpeg

7DFFA0D7-93AA-4E27-B888-6D47142D346D.jpeg

IMG_1634.jpeg

IMG_1640.jpeg

I recently just went thru the decision process between the Bronco Raptor and LC200. I’ve been an LC fanboy since high school. By the time I could actually afford one for some reason I always came home with something else like a Cayenne, Audi or BMW product.

When the Bronco Raptor came out I test drove one and I really liked it and it was local. I waited a week to see if I would cool off on wanting one when I stumbled upon a low mileage LC 200 Heritage edition. My wife was sick of me talking about land cruisers for 12 years and told me I would be an idiot if I let this slip thru my fingers.

So, I drove 4 hours in the morning to pick it up and I couldn’t be happier. Bronco Raptors aren’t going anywhere anytime soon. Finding an LC200 that jives with you and what you’re looking for and is in good rust free shape is more rare. Buy the LC200 and sell it for a Bronco Raptor if you don’t like the experience. You likely won’t lose anything in the process.

Yeah not sure about Bronco, but my F150 infotainment center is far superior to my LC. Display, camera quality, responsiveness, pixel density, wireless CarPlay, etc. are far better on my Ford.
Even my 2014 F150 had a better infotainment system than my 2018 LX. Same thing. Camera is better and everything. I upgraded the screen to Sync 3 from a 2019 last year and so I had android auto/carplay and all the features that would have come in a 2020 for like $300.

And then someone will come in and say, "yeah but Toyota's old tech will last!" And that when I tell them the story about how the digitizer on my GX460 screen died and when I went to try to find a replacement screen you couldnt. You had to buy the whole entire system to the tune of $10,000 through lexus. That is not a typo.

Nothing much to add other than on a recent work trip to Idaho I drove a chipped Bronco with 35s that was surprisingly quick and yet still got 20 mpg. The removable top was nice. Rear tailgate felt a little cheap as did instrument cluster. Two doors is a deal killer for me and LC/LX will last far longer and age better but fun truck nonetheless.

View attachment 3565036

View attachment 3565037

View attachment 3565038

View attachment 3565039

Honestly, the 2.7L Ecoboost is a phenomenal motor all around. They have great power and torque(especially tuned) are super efficient and have overall been very reliable. I'd put it as probably the best all around half ton motor on the market and I am sure its great in the Bronco too.

The 3.0 in the Braptor is the same nano engine architecture as the 2.7L but is changed in many many way.

Also, I'll just leave this here for all the people in this thread making fun of the Bronco for failed tie rods:

Blew a CV on a mild obstacle without the tires even turned :rofl:

Also, I'll just leave this here for all the people in this thread making fun of the Bronco for failed tie rods:

That’s why most of us drive 200s instead of tacomas.

And this is why I have doubts about the new LC250 platform using "lightweight" (aka aluminum and thinner) parts. How did Toyota give us so much yet kept prices so reasonable........now we know..... :(

Last edited:
And this is why I have doubts about the new LC250 platform using "lightweight" (aka aluminum and thinner) parts. How did Toyota give us so much yet kept prices so reasonable........now we know..... :(

Yeah, TBH, I was incredibly surprised at how cheap the GX550 was. The fact that you can get an Overtrail for like $69000 is fairly reasonable in this day and age. Even a moderately optioned F150 is in that ballpark.

We spent a few years in a 4th gen Navigator, it had great power and was so comfortable. It was also a nightmare electrically with strange demons inhabiting the passenger seat that multiple trips to the dealer never solved, and the transmission decided to yeet fluid and cause smoke and spray out the rear eventually leaving us stranded. My wife was over it and we ditched it after Ford gave it back months after the last breakdown saying it was fine.

I’m aware these are 2 different vehicles but ford quality is garbage and the multiple dealership shops I dealt with we’re just as bad.

What’s that old saying? “If you want to see the world take a Land Rover, if you want to see the world and make it back home take a Land Cruiser”

I think you’re picking up what I’m putting down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom