fj62 blower motor speed resistors bad (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My two lower speeds just went out as well on my HJ60. Being in Vegas, this is not good. Been searching interwebs as well and cheapest I've been able to find in U.S currency is $106.00 (can no longer find it though). I also found a Canadian site that carries it for CAD$85.85 (about $65.00US) #8713890A00: RESISTOR, HEATER BLOWER. RESISTOR. There's a thread here that talks about a DIY repair in which the resistors are replaced with more modular/modern ones and the item works like a champ...I can't find that thread either. Anyone? Help?
I ordered a new 24v one from Beno. Cost wasn't bad, contact him if you want a new one.

Just thought I'd add this for anyone searching in the future.

The location of the Blower Resistor on a HJ61 right hand drive is directly behind this metal support. Just follow the wires, they plug straight into it.

20240131_140210.jpg

It's only 2 screws and you can get to them with a standard JIS or phillips head screw driver.

Super easy, 5 minute job. The hardest bit was finding it as every picture I found was left hand drive.

I didn't have to remove any of the ducts.

This is the old and the new. The new is still available genuine through Amayama as of Jan 2024.

20240131_135821.jpg

My fan worked on all speeds except low, which is the speed I want to use the most!
The new one fixed it.

Easiest job ever, definately do it if your blower isn't working on certain settings.

Thanks for posting this, my truck needs this fix. I just ordered the part from Amayama (first time order). It will be interested to see how long shipment takes!

Thanks for posting this, my truck needs this fix. I just ordered the part from Amayama (first time order). It will be interested to see how long shipment takes!
Postage was pretty quick for me. Maybe 2 weeks I think.
I was pretty impressed because lots of info I found about it in past threads said the part was discontinued.
There is nothing better than being able to bolt in an oem part in that fits perfect and will probably now see the car out.

Yessir! I spend lots of $$$ with Matt, and CityRacer (who also has these), but I wasn't in a hurry and figured I'd try this source out this time, TBD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom