SQOD Squad - Stupid Question Of the Day (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Does anyone know what this clip is for on both sides of the vehicle right behind the second row. I have often thought they were seatbelt holders that got put on backwards at the factory.

View attachment 3535986
IMG_7107.jpeg

They're definitely useful to keep the belts out of the way.

I also like to use mine as a USB charger holder powered by an aux house battery.

1705593917937.png

We do a mount that snaps into the 3rd row slot in the wall, then lands on top of your drawers. Allows you to mount a small item like a fire extinguisher, first aid kit, etc. Not the exact thing you were looking for, but similar solution.
View attachment 3495973

only caveat is it's LC-only, you need the handle on the side to release it. And if your drawers are so high that they cover the handle, well it's not gonna work that well either. Also requires no 3rd row seats, and drawers, obviously.

Thinking of getting this but not sure I’ll be able to operate the latch to unlock, since my 3rd row seats are removed. Any ideas ?

Solved: you'd need a screw driver to pray it out.

Last edited:
Does anyone know how to adjust the date on a 2009 Lexus LX570 when starting the car? The day is correct, but the date is not. I've searched everywhere and couldn't find the setting to change the date, only the time.

Last edited:
My wife got in a fight with the glove box, and now it's sagging. It looks like two strike plates(?) popped out. Found one floating, it won't stay slotted. Before I try and glue it in, anybody know a PN?

PXL_20240120_211940295.jpg

PXL_20240120_212017704.jpg

Are people keeping their engine bay covers on? It would seem with a lot of the OBA setups you need them off? Would it be difficult to work on the engine if needed while on the road? Do folks keep it on to protect from dust? 2013 LX570…

Are people keeping their engine bay covers on? It would seem with a lot of the OBA setups you need them off? Would it be difficult to work on the engine if needed while on the road? Do folks keep it on to protect from dust? 2013 LX570…

This is a highly controversial topic lol. I ditched mine. Others have kept and trimmed away access to accessories.

In a roadside situation they come off in like 5 minutes. Just some clips.

This is a highly controversial topic lol. I ditched mine. Others have kept and trimmed away access to accessories.

In a roadside situation they come off in like 5 minutes. Just some clips.
I felt like it’s a personal preference OCD type of thing… personally I want mine on from a “it is cleaner” perspective - both actually clean and looks clean but then it’s a bigger hassle and I doubt it really keeps stuff cleaner or really matters… Clearly lots of trucks driving around dirt roads with no cover on! In practice it is obviously easier to keep it off. But it feels kind of wrong to leave it off lol.

I felt like it’s a personal preference OCD type of thing… personally I want mine on from a “it is cleaner” perspective - both actually clean and looks clean but then it’s a bigger hassle and I doubt it really keeps stuff cleaner or really matters… Clearly lots of trucks driving around dirt roads with no cover on! In practice it is obviously easier to keep it off. But it feels kind of wrong to leave it off lol.
I could be doing it wrong, but I don’t see why they need the clips, so I just run mine without. Takes 2 seconds to get them out.

@CactusHopper I think part of the issue is people may not be talking about the same covers. The ones to the rear of an LX bay are probably useless. But the portion that goes over the core support seals it against the hood, which means hotter air from the engine bay doesn't get recycled back to the cool side of the radiator.

Older cars didn't have these, but usually had a rubber weather strip kind of thing that kept the cool air cool.

Of the people that kept the front 3, some have cut down the sides so you can still access the air filter, battery, power steering, etc, while keeping the cool air cool. I helped a friend do this.. it was really easy and seems clearly the best balanced of the options.

@CactusHopper I think part of the issue is people may not be talking about the same covers. The ones to the rear of an LX bay are probably useless. But the portion that goes over the core support seals it against the hood, which means hotter air from the engine bay doesn't get recycled back to the cool side of the radiator.

Older cars didn't have these, but usually had a rubber weather strip kind of thing that kept the cool air cool.

Of the people that kept the front 3, some have cut down the sides so you can still access the air filter, battery, power steering, etc, while keeping the cool air cool. I helped a friend do this.. it was really easy and seems clearly the best balanced of the options.
I just googled ih8mud for posts on this topic and of course, there are... So I'll do some reading. While I usually search first, sometimes I forget that nearly everything has been discussed somewhere already. Thanks for the input.

I just ordered the "even cheaper" model from my post above. I'll update thread on fitment.
Got the Amazon special plate in. I didn’t pull out my current makeshift panel, but I suspect this one fits pretty well. Although as always, you are getting what you pay for. This is a very flimsy piece of aluminum with no finishing after pulling off the cnc table, except adding a sticker to the underside. It will need some debiting before attaching wires to it.

I’ll have to pull my current bracket out, but it appears that it fits nearly perfectly between the fuse box and brake booster and has a very long leg that I think could easily be bent to catch a bracket that is bolted to the fender over the wheel.

My SQOD contribution: Carpet version of the heritage edition (3rd Row Delete) cargo mat? Does this exist?

Looked into this a bit more, didn't see a Toyota option but there is a LX 2 Row carpet mat in black PT206-60180-20 and Ivory PT206-60180-00 . Both around $95 online.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom