What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (46 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Got recently a used 07 LX470. Trying to change fluids for my baseline as the vehicle maintenance history after 50k is not available. I changed oil on both diffs and transfer case using Valvoline 75W 90, changed transmission fluid using Toyota WS and flushed ACH fluid. ACH fluid looked very dirty...

PXL_20240106_234827016.jpg

Did this mod to disable the DRLs. I didn't like them on because I bought upgraded halogen bulbs and didn't want the extra wear on them. I didn't do the switch because I don't want high beams as DRLs at all. Hopefully next week I'll wire the inner front marker bulbs to be DRLs.

I've done some major work over the last month that I probably should have documented here, but this weekend, I made some brackets for the grille where the tab was broken off the light. I used two-part epoxy to bond it to the plastic with the screw holding it in place. It's very strong. I finished up the pinch weld and used a rivet to secure the plastic in place (I didn't have to cut it). I changed the thermostat, cleaned up the engine cover, and got the truck ready to go for an alignment, timing belt change, inspection, and brake fluid change.

I also had a new Ironman front bumper delivered yesterday, so that's the next project!

View attachment 3524745

Old one is on the right. Note seals are cracked.
View attachment 3524746
View attachment 3524747

View attachment 3524748
Use anything special to clean up that engine cover/bay? That's very clean.

about a month ago had some rats partying under the hood of my LX470. They went straight for the knock sensors. Didn't even know I had a problem until I dropped my son off at daycare and had an unexpected check engine light come on on the way home.

Both knock sensors had been chewed on, and only one had the wires completely chewed through. I ended up replacing all of the clips and connectors and quite a bit of the harness. Figured I'd do the starter at the same time while I was in there.

At the end, I also installed a K&N intake tube to replace the resonance chambers on the factory unit. Mild difference noticed by the butt dyno. Just feels a little better paired with the Doug Thorley headers and catback exhaust.

1.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

3.jpg

Use anything special to clean up that engine cover/bay? That's very clean.
I started out with Simple Green, then some Purple Power, and then went over it with a Mr. Magic Eraser, washed it all off, and finally put some wheel gel on it to get it to gloss up a bit!

Nothing crazy, about to head out for another lap of the USA, so put the Blizzaks on, fresh wipers, and sub freezing windshield wiper fluid. Apologies for the finger creep.
View attachment 3530272
Looking good!
If you haven't already, get yourself one of those credit cards that reward you for buying gas. You will be buying a lot of fuel.

Exxon has deal with AppleCard, you get 3% daily cash back. I almost exclusively fill up there.
I’ve been using the upside app. Unreal how much cash back you get for just purchasing gas. I started probably 6 months ago and have racked up a little over a 100$. (Granted I use it for two different vehicles) you gotta find the gas stations that are offering more than others it’s but very easy, I often find gas stations offering up to 19 cents cash back per gallon.

After a year of pain, finally replaced my passenger side lock actuator so my wife can get in without me having to unlock manually. 😅

IMG_5293.jpeg

The next day, my blower fan crapped out so I picked up an Amazon special. It was cheap, got here fast, and it works.
IMG_5295.jpeg

Now I’m sitting here wondering what’s going to break next. Seems to be an ongoing trend with this thing. 🤣

Now I’m sitting here wondering what’s going to break next. Seems to be an ongoing trend with this thing. 🤣

Doesn't matter, it's always worth fixing :)

After a year of pain, finally replaced my passenger side lock actuator so my wife can get in without me having to unlock manually. 😅

View attachment 3530555

The next day, my blower fan crapped out so I picked up an Amazon special. It was cheap, got here fast, and it works.
View attachment 3530558

How hard was it to re seal?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom